Rate this topic

or more spacifically the milk chocolate flavor...

Long story short, family bought some and was saying how good it was. I tried their website but couldn't find anything stateing the milk chocolate one.... :(

BLUE BELLS is not gluten-free!!!! My DD who loves the Dutch Chocolate had to stop eating it. Why would there be gluten in ice cream??????? CRAZY!!!!!!

Well she can eat Breyers & Publix house brand no gluten! Anyway I'm not sure if all Blue Bells has gluten, read the label.

I would read the ingredients. Keep an eye out for malt. Obviously, no flavors like Oreo or cookie dough.

Maximoo - What did it have in it that was gluten?

I get Edy's alot.

BLUE BELLS is not gluten-free!!!!

Please elaborate, including where the gluten is and a source to verify it.

BLUE BELLS is not gluten-free!!!! My DD who loves the Dutch Chocolate had to stop eating it. Why would there be gluten in ice cream??????? CRAZY!!!!!!

Well she can eat Breyers & Publix house brand no gluten! Anyway I'm not sure if all Blue Bells has gluten, read the label.

The dutch chocolate does have gluten in it. Wheat something or other - can't remember if it was starch or what it was. I was shocked when I saw it!!! I do know the vanilla doesn't have wheat, but not sure about the rest. Not sure if they are made on shared lines.

Essentially it sounds like BB is like most all other ice creams -- avoid the obvious stuff but otherwise gluten-free.

richard

I can't remember what exactly was in the dutch chocolate but it was clearly nor gluten-free. it is not on the list (of the linked pg above) All i remember isthat I saw some wheat ingredient & had to stop buying it for my DD.

or more spacifically the milk chocolate flavor...

Long story short, family bought some and was saying how good it was. I tried their website but couldn't find anything stateing the milk chocolate one.... :(

Have you checked their Web site?

Last year, I lived in a place that sold this IC at all the grocery stores. I got online and contacted someone at BB who sent me a list that I then printed out -- of what has gluten and what doesn't. I would take it around with me. Last year, I would buy the country line of vanilla that I'd eat with fresh fruit. Not sure if it's still gluten-free or not.

This was their consumer relations number

I'm sorry to say that Blue Bell milk chocolate has gluten in it. We have it in our freezer and I just double checked. The ingredient list says "flour (wheat)."

This is my dad's favorite ice cream, and we were all baffled when we read the ingredients. Luckily he can still eat it, but I can't. I don't know why they think they need to throw a spoon full of flour into ice cream!

I said this same thing on this site and was attacked for saying it! I ended up sick because their site said the flavor I got was gluten free. I'm thinking cross contamination because not all the flavors are?

I'm sorry to say that Blue Bell milk chocolate has gluten in it. We have it in our freezer and I just double checked. The ingredient list says "flour (wheat)."This is my dad's favorite ice cream, and we were all baffled when we read the ingredients. Luckily he can still eat it, but I can't. I don't know why they think they need to throw a spoon full of flour into ice cream!

I said this same thing on this site and was attacked for saying it! I ended up sick because their site said the flavor I got was gluten free. I'm thinking cross contamination because not all the flavors are?

nocommente mentioned a specific variety, and cited the ingredient list. In other words, he posted facts with sources.

I'm thinking cross contamination because not all the flavors are?

Very possible--I responded to your other thread.

No one attacked you. You just came here and claimed that something wasn't gluten free without even giving any facts as to why you felt that way, no mention of flavor or any other items you ate that day. People on the board will help you but you have to understand that there is a lot of incorrect information on here and the people who responded to your post are the ones who try to keep things accurate. Stop being so defensive and start realizing that people are here to help, just go about asking your questions and showing your concerns about a product a bit differently!