Laura HaHe

Good Tasting Gluten Free Dairy Free Bread In Canada?

Rate this topic

I have a two year old who needs to be gluten free and dairy free. She does very well with her diet (mostly) but we cannot seem to find a bread that she likes? I have tried a variety of frozen breads from Fortinos which she will not eat and I am sick of buying super expensive bread just to throw it in the garbage! Anybody have any suggestions for toddler friendly gluten free dairy free breads?

I have a two year old who needs to be gluten free and dairy free. She does very well with her diet (mostly) but we cannot seem to find a bread that she likes? I have tried a variety of frozen breads from Fortinos which she will not eat and I am sick of buying super expensive bread just to throw it in the garbage! Anybody have any suggestions for toddler friendly gluten free dairy free breads?

You can buy Kinni - Kwik bread mix. It is quite simple to make, just 3 parts of the mix with 2 parts water. It makes 2 good size loaves in under an hour. Very easy. I just made for the first time today and it came out fluffy. Feels dense but it was fluffy and resembles real bread. Not a bad taste either. You can make all sorts of things with this mix from breads to hamburger buns, hot dog buns etc... I think it is probably the best one out there and you can make it fresh in your home.

BUT I think the sodium / fibre / calorie is high on it but alot of gluten free breads are high in these also !!

I live in Canada too, I got at a health food store.