nmlove

Vitamin Alternative To Flintstones

Rate this topic

Does anyone have a good alternative to Flintstones. My main reason is to avoid the dyes. I've tried others with the kids but we keep coming back to Flintstones because it seems they have nutrient issues once we try something else for awhile. The kids are already taking extra vit D and I want a vitamin with iron in it. (Seems like a lot of kid ones I looked at didn't have any.) Thanks! Oh, and not having to take multiple ones a day would be very nice as I tend to slip on those myself later in the day. :)

well the sour gummies flintstones are not gluten-free. We switched to lil critters. not sure if you'd object to the dye in them. I think there is a Disney vit that's gluten-free too as are the walgreens brand.

as for iron you might just want to take a separate slow release iron tab. Most people prefer them.

Hi.

We use the Vitalet's Children's Chewables from Freeda Vitamins (www.freedavitamins.com). They come in raspberry, orange, carob, and unflavored. My kids fav is the raspberry. They're a great, quality vitamin. All their vitamins are gluten-free. I take numerous adult supplements from them. Good stuff!

We use Nature's Plus Animal Planet Gold vitamins. They are gluten free and use beet juice for color. Aside from your normal vitamins and minerals, it also includes iron, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. We used these prior to my dd's diagnosis, and I give them so much credit for keeping her Vit D and iron levels normal (barely). I also truly believe the probiotics and enzymes helped tremendously in keeping her on her growth curves. I can't recommend them highly enough.