Ben Y.

gluten-free Meatloaf

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I've been gluten-free since right around thanksgiving 2009. This is my first post here. I've been using recipes from here at least occasionally, so I thought I'd add one so I can help other people like these recipes have helped me. I posted an earlier version of this recipe on the Celiac awareness group on Facebook about a year and a half ago, so if anyone recognizes me or the recipe, that's where you know me/it from!

This meatloaf was one of the first gluten-free meals I made, and it is an enduring staple of what my partner and I eat. At least, when we eat meat.

Preheat oven to 350

1 lb ground beef.*

3/4 cup gluten free oats (can sub bread crumbs, I prefer oats though)

2 eggs

3/4 cup orange Juice (I've used orange juice blends and they work really well also.)

1/2-3/4 cup gluten-free ketchup

1 1/2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce

2 tsp fresh minced garlic (garlic powder or garlic pepper works.)

1 1/2 tsp molasses**

1 tsp sugar**

1 tsp Lemon pepper

1 tsp pepper

dash of salt

OPTIONAL:

1/2 - 1 tsp Cayenne pepper OR 5-20 shakes Franks Red Hot (my partner isn't a big fan of spice, but I use about 15-20 shakes and she LOVES it. It doesn't taste super spicy, but has a nice kick as an aftertaste.

1/4 cup gluten-free Barbeque sauce of your choice OR additional 1/4 cup gluten-free Ketchup

Mix all ingredients except the barbeque sauce together, place in pan. Smear barbeque sauce over top of meatloaf. bake at 350 for 50 mins-1 hour. (my oven is a bit sketch, so last time I had to bake it for an hour and a half, but that could just be my oven.)

Notes:

*My partner keeps gluten free for me, and I keep Kosher for her, so I used Kosher ground beef, which comes salted. If you like salt, you may want to add a bit more than a dash, although the Soy sauce has plenty of it already.

*can sub in 2 tsp brown sugar if you don't keep molasses around. I do, so I use it.

also, I'm dyslexic. Please forgive my errors in syntax.

Hey guys, I've been gluten-free since right around thanksgiving 2009. This is my first post here. I've been using recipes from here at least occasionally, so I thought I'd add one so I can help other people like these recipes have helped me. I posted an earlier version of this recipe on the Celiac awareness group on Facebook about a year and a half ago, so if anyone recognizes me or the recipe, that's where you know me/it from!

This meatloaf was one of the first gluten-free meals I made, and it is an enduring staple of what my partner and I eat. At least, when we eat meat.

Preheat oven to 350

1 lb ground beef.*

3/4 cup gluten free oats (can sub bread crumbs, I prefer oats though)

2 eggs

3/4 cup orange Juice (I've used orange juice blends and they work really well also.)

1/2-3/4 cup gluten-free ketchup

1 1/2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce

2 tsp fresh minced garlic (garlic powder or garlic pepper works.)

1 1/2 tsp molasses**

1 tsp sugar**

1 tsp Lemon pepper

1 tsp pepper

dash of salt

OPTIONAL:

1/2 - 1 tsp Cayenne pepper OR 5-20 shakes Franks Red Hot (my partner isn't a big fan of spice, but I use about 15-20 shakes and she LOVES it. It doesn't taste super spicy, but has a nice kick as an aftertaste.

1/4 cup gluten-free Barbeque sauce of your choice OR additional 1/4 cup gluten-free Ketchup

Mix all ingredients except the barbeque sauce together, place in pan. Smear barbeque sauce over top of meatloaf. bake at 350 for 50 mins-1 hour. (my oven is a bit sketch, so last time I had to bake it for an hour and a half, but that could just be my oven.)

Notes:

*My partner keeps gluten free for me, and I keep Kosher for her, so I used Kosher ground beef, which comes salted. If you like salt, you may want to add a bit more than a dash, although the Soy sauce has plenty of it already.

*can sub in 2 tsp brown sugar if you don't keep molasses around. I do, so I use it.

also, I'm dyslexic. Please forgive my errors in syntax.

This looks really GOOD, Ben. Wow. Thanks for posting this recipe. I've been wanting a good gluten-free meatloaf recipe. Will try this soon. Need to dry out some gluten-free bread for breadcrumbs first. Thanks again :)