Jenniferxgfx

Aveeno And Other Oat Cosmetics

Rate this topic

Oh man, my skin is so angry. I got a free bottle of Aveeno eczema lotion awhile back and my skin got a little upset, so I've been slathering myself in it, without a thought. My partner with psoriasis swears by the brand, so I figured my sensitive skin was safe. At first it helped, but now it's much worse. Whoops. :/

Are ALL oats contaminated unless they say gluten-free? Where do cosmetic oats come from? I emailed Aveeno but am interested in your general experiences with this stuff.

My DH no longer uses any Aveeno products just to be safe. I had read that oats may become CC because they are grown near wheat and/or processed in the same place.

• Upvote 1

I steer clear of any body product that has oats in it because I react violently to even gluten free oats. I used to love Aveno for my dry hands, but I won't risk it at all.

Thanks so much! I've learned a valuable lesson in common sense and listening to my body :)

If you are looking for an alternative, I think Burt's Bees has gluten free lotion. I've never tried it though.

Are ALL oats contaminated unless they say gluten-free? Where do cosmetic oats come from? I emailed Aveeno but am interested in your general experiences with this stuff.

As far as I know, all oats hat are grown without special care have a pretty good chance of being CC. I avoid Aveeno products.

Oh man, my skin is so angry. I got a free bottle of Aveeno eczema lotion awhile back and my skin got a little upset, so I've been slathering myself in it, without a thought. My partner with psoriasis swears by the brand, so I figured my sensitive skin was safe. At first it helped, but now it's much worse. Whoops. :/

They very well could be contaiminated. We avoid them. I used an oat product in the bath and then my daughter took a bath in the same tub. Just the residue left in there gave her a rash.

Your replies make me feel so normal, after years of being ignored and dismissed. Thank you so much, everyone.

For what its worth, J&J never responded to my request about their oat sources, but they sent me a coupon for their products. I guess I can get benadryl while I'm getting pepto. Lol.

Wacky plot twist: I had a ton of fibro pain after this incident, so I use a topical NSAID, and then my skin flared worse!

I'm on the mend now, but omg what a vicious evil cycle I was in.