This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

It's Starting To Get At Me

bartfull

sa1937 Community Regular

Nothing is sacred, is it. I'd have never thunk of corn in vanilla flavoring.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

domesticactivist Collaborator

Yup. Corn is really hard to avoid. It's not one of the "top 8" allergens so it is not required to be disclosed in labeling laws. The only way to find out is to call the company and ask a bunch of prying questions about their processing facilities and ingredient sourcing.

bartfull Rising Star

I've got a question. Do you think it's possible that after things have started healing I might be able to tolerate SOME corn? I know I'm probably grasping at straws here, but it sure would be nice if I could eat Udi's again someday.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I've got a question. Do you think it's possible that after things have started healing I might be able to tolerate SOME corn? I know I'm probably grasping at straws here, but it sure would be nice if I could eat Udi's again someday.

Yes it is possible that you may be able to tolerate it again once you have fully healed. After you have had a bit of time symptom free try it in as pure of a form as you can and see if it is tolerated. If you do something like corn chips do make sure that they are not processed in a plant where CC could be getting you instead of the corn.

micfunky Newbie

Stay strong! You can do it!

Archived