tennisman

Something I Find Frustrating

Rate this topic

Over the last year or so I have looked at celebrities and gluten free . It seems so many of them go gluten free to lose weight . I recently read one celebrity who was asked about his diet and he said gluten free " when possible " so really they are 50 % gluten free 50 % non gluten free . Yet when they eat in a restaurant etc and get cc or eat something with gluten in they are fine , yet if us celiac's ate the same food we would be ill for days/weeks :(

It really frustrates me when celebrities go 50 % gluten free trying to lose weight . It's not a nice thing to say but I really hope they get celiac disease and than they see the difference between going gluten free for weight loss and being forced to stay gluten free for health reasons .

Sorry for my rant but they really frustrate me :(

I'm one who believes that most humans, even those not suffering from celiac disease, could benefit from cutting back on gluten. I do understand that the current gluten free fad appears to trivialize the gluten intolerant or celiac situation, but it's just that - a fad. It will go away. But without the raised awareness in the last couple years I doubt I would have found out what was causing dizziness that had plaqued me for years. I would wager to say that it's the same for many. And for that I am grateful.

• Upvote 1

I'm one who believes that most humans, even those not suffering from celiac disease, could benefit from cutting back on gluten. I do understand that the current gluten free fad appears to trivialize the gluten intolerant or celiac situation, but it's just that - a fad. It will go away. But without the raised awareness in the last couple years I doubt I would have found out what was causing dizziness that had plaqued me for years. I would wager to say that it's the same for many. And for that I am grateful.

I agree with the first part . But I think a lot of people who cuts out beers , cakes and all the other junk gluten foods will feel better but not because they had a problem with gluten but because they are eating more healthy. I hope the fad will go away :D I find it very hard to believe celebrities go gluten free for a week and feel so much better and have lost a lot of weight . I'm glad you found out what caused your problems :) With celebrities I read how they want to make there gluten free range yet I don't believe some of them really know anything about gluten free :( It's great if they raise awareness but I never find any celebrities who really want to talk and it frustrates me lol.

• Upvote 1