organicmama

Favorite gluten-free/sf Natural Shampoo?

Rate this topic

I was saddened recently to discover that the only natural/organic shampoo I've been using for years that actually gets my hair clean has soy protein in it. I'd prefer to have no gluten, soy, or animal products in my shampoo, along with it being low toxicity (at cosmeticdatabase.org). Does anyone have a favorite shampoo that fits the bill?

I have used Shikai and there is also a newer brand called Himalaya that is really nice. The Himalaya even says gluten free on the label.

I have used Shikai and there is also a newer brand called Himalaya that is really nice. The Himalaya even says gluten free on the label.

Thanks for posting this. I have just checked my shampoo (Aveda Pure Abundance). Would you believe hydrolyzed wheat protein and wheat starch? I am going shopping tomorrow so I will definitely be on the look out for Shikai and Himalaya.

I never knew before I found this forum that you had to check products that go on your skin. I should have....duh...I have a rash that is torturing me day and night.