WinterSong

Healing!

Rate this topic

I went in to see my doctor after about 3.5 months on the diet. He ran a Celiac panel/blood test but warned me that I may not see any change until after six months (especially because my tTg was off the charts, over 300). He also sent me to another facility to do a small bowel series to check for lymphoma and to make sure nothing else was wrong in that area.

I got a call from him today and good news! Not only did the bowel series come back normal, but my tTg was down to 53.1! Wow! I surprised even him with that one! He said that I'm well on the road to recovery and am doing very well. Very good news, indeed.

Just wanted to share. :)

I went in to see my doctor after about 3.5 months on the diet. He ran a Celiac panel/blood test but warned me that I may not see any change until after six months (especially because my tTg was off the charts, over 300). He also sent me to another facility to do a small bowel series to check for lymphoma and to make sure nothing else was wrong in that area.

I got a call from him today and good news! Not only did the bowel series come back normal, but my tTg was down to 53.1! Wow! I surprised even him with that one! He said that I'm well on the road to recovery and am doing very well. Very good news, indeed.

Just wanted to share. :)

Hooray! Good news indeed.

Congrats!!

Fantastic, Jessica! It's good to know all the effort you are putting into being gluten-free, it's certainly well worth it. :D

That is awesome! Good work. :)

Awesome job on your part! It's nice to read good news on these forums. :)

Oh congrats! Man that is so great to know that all this work is DOING what it's supposed to! Hope you are enjoying your good health to the fullest. :D

Thanks, everyone! I still have a little ways to go (I believe my doctor said that normal is 15), but it's such a huge improvement! It's just so exciting to see that all of my hard work is paying off. :D

Great news. Seeing progress like that makes all the hard work worth it!