rgarton

Lack Of Sleep Affects

Rate this topic

I can't seem to find many others with this, and wanted to ask. So frogive me if its a topic been talked to death about! Whenever i get very little sleep, my tummy plays up, meaning i have looser stools and a feeling of needing to go but cant really, like there isnt anything there. I get bloated and irratable and very yawny! Last night i had an awful nights sleep and as soon as i got up and had a cup of tea i needed the bathroom, it was much softer than normal and little things like this annoy me and get me down quite easily, i think i just need reassurance that others find this too? Thanks

You are not alone! I have had chronic insomnia for many years - especially the last few years due to an injury resulting in constant chronic pain as well as fibromyalgia pain. It just does not let up! Night is difficult because it is nearly impossible to get comfortable enough to fall and stay asleep. On average I sleep well one night in every ten. I become very irritable and can cry easily. The simplest tasks seem insurmountable. I bump into things and scarcely feel alive sometimes. It is a tough thing to take on top of everything else! So, I truly empathize with you. Do you take prescriptions for sleep? I do and that is the only thing that helps. Melatonin is a joke to me. Hopefully once I am off gluten for longer (it has been nearly six months) I will see a difference in that department.

Hope you have a happy day! :)

I have the same issue... if I don't get at least my 8 hours of sleep I feel Like DEATH!!