Marley25

Vegas Baby!

Rate this topic

I am traveling for the first time since getting diagnosed. The last thing I want to do is get sick on vacation. I am looking for any help or advice you might have about traveling, especially in Vegas. I should also add that I am super sensitive to gluten so eating at 99.9 % of restraints is out of the questions. Any travel tips?

I have never been to Vegas but I do travel on long-haul flights, etc. and eating gluten-free can be challenging. If you do not have a small cooler it would be helpful to purchase one. I stock up on snacks such as homemade crackers, cupcakes or muffins, a few gluten-free pepperoni sticks, cheeses, homemade granola, dried fruit such as cherries or blueberries and have fresh fruit/veg and make some hummus or even cold pizza. Last trip I took along homemade toffee. I would recommend requesting a room with a fridge to keep things cold and fresh. Does Vegas have outdoor markets? If so, pick up items from there. We do this in Europe and not only can you eat healthy stuff, markets are fun! Don't forget to take along paper towels and plastic cutlery and plates.

Vegas is getting a new gluten-free European style bakery called Beau Monde Bakery. They open on August 2nd. If you are looking for different restaurants, check out the Celiac Husband because he has reviewed a number of locations in the Vegas area.

Many smiles,

Paula