rgarton

Missed A Funeral...

Rate this topic

Because of this stupid fricking disease i had to miss my grandads funeral. I am in tears, with a hot water bottle, wondering what the point of my pathetic life is at the moment. I had been feeling ok for a couple of days and was really excited that i would be able to manage the 5hours travelling, but no i woke up, stomach cramps to the point of not walking, cystitus, and loose bm's, no appetite either. My dad thought it was appropraite to shout at me over the phone (he still thinks i just have a lacto intolerance, not celiac....we don't speak much) but all that shouting made my pain so much worse, and it's my partners birthday, i feel like im having the worse day :( I tried everything to make things right and it just turned out a big mess.

Sorry i just needed to vent and need some comfort I think, i know you guys are the only people who come close to understanding what it's like...

Again apologies

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry for your loss and that you are having to deal with a glutening on top of everything else. You don't need to apologize for venting, you are going through a lot right now.

(((HUGS))) Better to stay home when you aren't feeling well. I have a feeling your dad was just going to yell, better over the phone than in person.

Sorry to hear about your loss. A few months ago my god-mother and a cousin both passed. I made it to one wake and missed both funerals. At that time I realized I had to get this celiac/gluten stuff under control. The point I am making here is as time goes by remember this event and use it as a source of strength to stay vigilant in keeping yourself as healthy as you can so you don't miss future events.

Stay strong, stay healthy...

So sorry to hear of your loss..and that you had to miss the funeral. When you're feeling that bad, the best place for you is at home and in bed.

I hope you will forgive your Dad's behavior? When there's been a death in the family it affects everybody differently. Hopefully, it was just stress making him act so unkind?

(((hugs)))

I am so sorry! The loss of a loved one, the stress of a parent yelling at you, and sick and discouraged on top of it all! Don't forget that in order to be any good to anybody, we need to be good to ourselves first. Take care of yourself and try to remember that your grandfather would understand, and that your father was out of line but stressed by the loss, so don't dwell on what he said.

Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a big hug from all of us here. Then get some rest, and here's hoping you feel better soon.