fire-chickens

Is Walmart Amish Potato Salad Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

I can't seem to find an answer. my dad bought me some Amish potato salad. the great value (walmart) brand, it has a little box that says "allergen info contains "(egg)" but nothing else.

i really want it, but wnat to know if you think they would list whether is gluten free.

Many things are gluten-free but they don't list it because they don't test it. I would eat it if the ingredients look OK. Read all the ingredients not just the "allergen statement". As long as they state the allergen in the ingredients, they don't have to list it twice.

well anyone have anyidea what in the ingredients might be a tip off of having or containing gluten?

If it's wheat, they have to come out & say it. I'm not sure why rye or barley ( malt) would be in potato salad.

Gosh, the label rules are complicated. If every FALCPA top-eight allergen that is present is named in the ingredients list, there does not need to be a "Contains" statement. If there is a "Contains" statement, it must list every FALCPA allergen present, whether they are mentioned in the ingredients or not. So it is reasonable to conclude that there is no wheat. Rye and oats are never hidden, so the only worry left is that barley is hiding in "flavor." Even though it can be hidden there, I have never found a case where it actually is. Malt is expensive, so manufacturers will want to make it known.

Bon apetit!