mommyto2kids

Help, Does Anyone Know If Kc Original Bbq Sauce Is Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

I found an old post from 2006, but need current info. Someone brought me dinner and I don't know if I can eat it.

I found an old post from 2006, but need current info. Someone brought me dinner and I don't know if I can eat it.

Are you talking about KC Masterpiece? Read the ingredients. Check the website.

The web site was no help. It does contain modified food starch and carmal color. So may not be safe. I was hoping someone here may have called before.

If you are talking about KC masterpiece it says it lists the ingredients. It cannot legally hide wheat. I think your main issue with this food is that it was made by someone else who may have cc'ed it in their kitchen.

• Upvote 1

Modified food starch is usually corn. If it's wheat, they have to say. Carmel color is gluten-free. If it's made from wheat they have to say it. It would list malt if or barley malt if it co gained that.

No I'm not worried about her kichen I'm worried about this sauce. I explained to her how to cook things. I need to know if anyone has called this company to ask.

No I'm not worried about her kichen I'm worried about this sauce. I explained to her how to cook things. I need to know if anyone has called this company to ask.

I agree with Karen. Personally I'd be more worried about anyone's kitchen other than my own.

I don't know if anyone has called the company or not (or why that would even matter since they are crystal clear about their labeling). I'd go with the ingredient list on the bottle. Check these Faqs regarding KC Masterpiece.

Do KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauces contain allergens?

All KC Masterpiece® products are labeled in accordance with the FDA food labeling requirements, including the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (Title II of Public Law 108-282) which requires foods to be labeled that contain the major food allergens: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans. Although many flavors of KC Masterpiece® Sauce do not contain these ingredients, refer to the ingredients statement on the back of each KC Masterpiece® product to find this declaration.

• Upvote 1