This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Alcohol

Mahee34

Mahee34 Enthusiast

Hey everyone, I've been searching high and low to try to find different liqueurs that are gluten free....i recently found that Chamboard is, which I definately recommend, but what about Dekuyper, triple sec, schnapps.....You can only drink rum, tequila and wine for so long...any help??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

How about sake? :)

jenvan Collaborator

go here: https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-24105464289.76

and here is a gluten-free list from my gluten-free food list palm software:

here are a few:

bacardi rums

bartles and james wine coolers

boones and boone's farm wine

captain morgan rums

cointreau

disaronno

drambuie liquer

gallo sparkling wines

gekkeikan sake

gordan's gin

j & b rare blend whiskey

jack daniels black label whiskey

jose cuervo tequila

martini & rossi asti

martini & rossi dry vermouth

seagram's 7 crown whiskey

smirnoff vodkas

sylk cream

talea

tanqueray london gin or sterling

wood chuck cider

there was also a recent discussion that bailey's irish cream is gluten-free. i know there is more than i have listed here too.

lovegrov Collaborator

Virtually every distilled liquor is gluten-free, even the ones that start with wheat or rye. I'm not telling you not to check them out with the manufacturer, just that there's a WHOLE lot more out there that you can have.

richard

jenvan Collaborator

i'm glad to see you posted here richard... you seem to be one of the most knowledgeable in the area of alcoholic beverages :) i'm still waiting to hear back on my schnaps...

lovegrov Collaborator

Can't remember if these folks make schnaps

DeKuyper (www.DeKuyper.com) (ve=9-23-04)

Our cordials are made with distilled spirits that are primarily made from a corn base. They may also from time to time, contain small amounts of small grains such as wheat or rye. It is known that Gluten can be found in the small grains such as rye, barley, oats, etc. However, it is generally accepted that the process of distillation excludes gluten in the finished product.

richard

jams Explorer
go here:  https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-24105464289.76

and here is a gluten-free list from my gluten-free food list palm software:

here are a few:

bacardi rums

bartles and james wine coolers

boones and boone's farm wine

captain morgan rums

cointreau

disaronno

drambuie liquer

gallo sparkling wines

gekkeikan sake

gordan's gin

j & b rare blend whiskey

jack daniels black label whiskey

jose cuervo tequila

martini & rossi asti

martini & rossi dry vermouth

seagram's 7 crown whiskey

smirnoff vodkas

sylk cream

talea

tanqueray london gin or sterling

wood chuck cider

there was also a recent discussion that bailey's irish cream is gluten-free.  i know there is more than i have listed here too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tried to find B&J wine coolers that do not have the malted flavoring. If is says malted flavoring it is not okay right?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

In the U.S. I have yet to find a wine cooler that isn't malted, inclduing B&J. We can't have malted drinks.

richard

jams Explorer
In the U.S. I have yet to find a wine cooler that isn't malted, inclduing B&J. We can't have malted drinks.

richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got off of the phone from B&J. They said if you can find a wine based cooler it would be safe. They have a list by state. I am in Wisconsin and they only sell the malted base coolers in Wisconsin. It depends on the state you are in I guess.

jenvan Collaborator

richard-

DeKuyper is who i had e-mailed on my butterscotch schnaps.... guess that's a CYA ?

tarnalberry Community Regular

regular vodka (ciroq's my favorite), rumplemintz, and goldschlager are also gluten-free. :-)

(me, the one with next to no tolerance, prefers the 100proof stuff... ;-) )

AnnieMarie Apprentice

If bailey's is gluten-free that might make-up for the fact that we can't have beer!!!! :lol:

Does anyone know if that is a certain???

Annie

2old4 Rookie

Kahlua and Amarula are also gluten-free, yum! :D

lovegrov Collaborator

To me DeKuyper's response means there's no gluten added after distilling and very little or rarely gluten before (if at all).

richard

lovegrov Collaborator

On the wine coolers, I vaguely remember now that there's at least one state (maybe Pa.?) where the wine coolers in the grocery store are malt based, but the ones in the liquor store aren't. This is not true in Virginia. In fact, the liquor store doesn't carry wine coolers.

richard

LqrMan Newbie

I started drinking Southern Comfort recently as well! Since I sell/represent SoCo, I really wanted to promote my own product, so I inquired with the higher-ups in the company. I got an email back making sure I wasn't a mad scientist trying to recreate the recipe for SoCo. My boss covered for me and they said there is no wheat, rye, oats, or barley in SoCo. I am getting my annual gliadin test done shortly and will let you guys know if drinking SoCo has affected me. By the way, I usually do SoCO n Lime shots (an easy shot to do) and drink SoCo with a splash of club soda.

Does anyone know if Jagermeister is gluten-free?

Cachaca (pronounced Ca Sha Sa), which is made out of distilled sugar cane juice, is also gluten-free. I have not tried it, but I hear it tastes similar to tequila.

jenvan Collaborator

ahh--Kahlua is gluten-free! that stuff is up there with baileys...

Mahee34 Enthusiast

I'm from PA, and I haven't seen the non malted wine coolers....thanks for the help though

Kelly Langenfeld Newbie

:ph34r: Anyone know if Jagermeister is gluten free? I recently found out that Red Bull is gluten-free and I'd like to be able to order a Jager bomb occasionally.

--Kelly :)

Guest DaiseeLove
:ph34r: Anyone know if Jagermeister is gluten free?  I recently found out that Red Bull is gluten-free and I'd like to be able to order a Jager bomb occasionally.

--Kelly  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know.... for some reason I want to say no, but I can't find 100% proof on that. *I* love Jager bombs as well, but I seem to remember when I first got diagnosed that I was sick the day after drinking Jager....

I know this post was absolutely no help, but I can't figure it out either!! ;)

jenvan Collaborator

here's the 'official' response to the butterscotch schnaps--looks like i'm back to my favorite drink--buttery nipples! :) (schnaps and baileys--so good!)

Dear Jen,

Thanks for asking about a potential allergic reaction to gluten in our cordial products.

Our cordials are distilled spirits that are primarily made from a corn base. They may also occasionally contain small amounts of wheat or rye. While gluten can be found in these small grains, including rye, barley, oats, etc., the process of distillation generally excludes gluten in the finished product.

People with celiac disease may have a permanent intolerance to gluten. Jim Beam Brands does not advise legal age adults whether to drink or not to drink; this is a decision you may want to discuss with your physician if you have any questions. Your physician may be able to provide personalized advice about this issue, based on the ingredients and processes that go into making our cordials.

Thanks again for your inquiry about our products.

John

DeKuyper® Customer Care Representative

• 2 weeks later...
drjmarkusic Newbie

How about that Bailey's???? That's a nice drink with coffee, even in the morning (LOL) Richard.

SandraNinTO Rookie
:D Good News! In Canada there is a gluten-free beer sold in most LCBOs. (In Toronto I found it at Bayview Village Mall). It is made in a beautiful Inn in Quebec. I really want to travel there....the chef makes wonderful dishes using their gluten-free beer! It is called La Messagere. Here is a link to learn more: Open Original Shared Link
tarnalberry Community Regular

There's a beverage called Hyptoniq (it's vodka and tropical fruit juice) made by a company called Heaven's Hill. I emailed them to find out about their stuff, and here's the reply I got:

Dear Ms. Arnal,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in our products.

Our Brandy, Whaler's Rum, Cordials and Liqueurs with the exception of our DuBouchett Rock and Rye should pose not problems for those who are on a celiac diet. However, we recommend that you sample any products on an individual basis.

In addition, we have attached some additional information regarding alcoholic beverages and the celiac diet. We hope it will assist you.

Sincerely,

Ms. Erin L. Fauss

Corporate Communications Administrator

Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc.

Tel: (502) 348-3921 ext. 548

Fax: (502) 348-9553

efauss@heaven-hill.com

• 1 month later...
liljules5 Rookie

Anyone know about the new Starbucks Coffee Liqueur?

Archived