Marilyn R

Eloise's Hints

Rate this topic

I wish I had spent every penny on almond flour in the beginning, instead of dabbling with buckwheat, chick pea, coconut, tapioca, rice flours. I found almond powder by accident, but had to order it online.

It is a great thickener to make a sauce or gravy, is low carb, and even though I have a tree nut allergy, it's never bothered me in the least in baked goods or pancakes or as a breading for protein.

That's my Eloise's Hint for the day, if you have more cooking suggestions or tips, I hope you'll post them. :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try almond flour. My favorite for thickening is arrowroot starch.

I'm a huge fan of corn flour for all purpose flour in small amounts, and I love the flavor of buckwheat.

A little ground flaxseed subs in for gums in homemade pancakes quite well.

Skip the sorghum entirely.

I'm a huge fan of corn flour for all purpose flour in small amounts, and I love the flavor of buckwheat.

A little ground flaxseed subs in for gums in homemade pancakes quite well.

Skip the sorghum entirely.

I love the flavor of buckwheat flour too. Almond flour pancakes are like cookies for me, I bet Almond and Buckwheat flour would be over the top. I had to eliminate corn, but that's been several months ago. Maybe I should try corn flour again.

Thanks for your post, you have me thinking.