LuvGems

Question About Gluten And Other Intolerances

Rate this topic

Hey. I'm new here and I have a question. I'm a self diagnosed celiac (well my acupuncturist suggested and elimination of gluten basically proved it) and I was off gluten for approximately 1 1/2 years. The diarrhea was basically gone, most of the bloating and gas gone and the depression really eased a lot. Now over the last 3-4 months it's gradually changed and I can't eat anything again without all of the symptoms being back. I've been so miserable that I started eating gluten again. After all if I do without and am still miserable why not eat what I want? (I know twisted logic.) I'm obviously reacting to something and probably many somethings, but I can't figure out what.

How did/do you figure out what you can eat? I'm allergic to shellfish and have problems with all fruits and vegetables that I've tried. What do I eat? I thought about getting a juicer to see if I could drink fruits and vegetables if it's without fiber. But I'm afraid that will just make the diarrhaa worse. Thanks for any help you can give. I just don't know what to do.

Renee

i have the same question feel the same way! Its so frustrating when you actually try and spend an arm and a leg on gluten free dairy free food and still get sick but dont know where its comming from! possible contamination. Could be your pots and pans if they are not cleaned properly they can get contaminated. So much stuff to know all at once.

Your body could have been still healing. I know a year and a half is a long time but I've also been off gluten for a year and a half and all my symptoms are not gone. You could have developed another allergy as well. I would go to doctor and see if you could get a allergy test.