Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaileyRay812

Is Anyone Else Just Angry That Drs Missed Celiac For So Many Years?

One additional observation from the MD posts on Sermo was that there is a generalized belief that it is impossible for a patient to actually follow through with a gluten free diet. I had one MD actual comment to me that I "probably eat gluten all day long without realizing it." I offered him to come and spend a day with me and test my fruit, plain chicken breast, and roasted vegetables for gluten and he declined. I guess that I am still angrier than I thought I was!

And this is a prisoner of his culture, that does not understand that people who can exert control over their immediate environment, (such as growing,gathering,preparing their own food that makes them feel well) are going to seek out success if they have the support of others that see the benefit of that success. And he doesn't appear to have a nurturing instinct towards younger children.

I wonder what he says to his other patients with food allergies, diabetes, alcoholism, etc.

Oh, that's right, he doesn't have any. They've expired. :blink:

Icarter: "Since starting the gluten-free diet there has been remarkable reversal of symptoms. Of course, since no one caught it earlier, there probably will always be some residual problems...like significant osteoporosis."

I too have had celiac all my life before I discovered what was going on. This was a good 50 years or more...if you count the first 4 years I was off gluten as an infant and young child. I was so bad that my fingernails were flaky and my teeth never hardened until recently. Now I no longer get carries! Think of that. Gums are much improved too.

How I have done it is by taking nattokinase and l-glutamine as well as enterically coated probiotics on an empty stomach. This goes a long ways towards healing the villi and thus their absorption of minerals and vitamins. I also take E-zorb--its 90% absorpable calcium that the Chinese invented. Check it out on the Internet. It has made a huge difference for me. I also take liquid sea minerals, zinc, mag. citrate, and silicon drops (this last for my otherwise perilous joints--it builds both bone and cartiledge). Occasionally I also take plain cod liver oil to get the extra D I need plus Omega 3's.

Doing all this my osteoporosis has effectively gone away--though it seems I have to keep taking these supplements to keep it that way. Now I can lift small weights and do modified push ups and sit ups without harming myself. Try it and see what you think!

Of course no doctor suggested this to me. I had to figure it out on my own. Again thank god for the Internet!!

Am also now trying an experimental laser allergy relief treatment. Its too early to tell if it will help or not. If not, I'll get my money back, so how can I lose?? Am keeping my fingers crossed it will help me overcome some of my multiple food sensitivities.

Bea

I wonder what he says to his other patients with food allergies, diabetes, alcoholism, etc.

Oh, that's right, he doesn't have any. They've expired.

LOL! now that's some dark humor! LIke my brother says, you only laugh when it hurts...

Yes I am angry too. I never had a biopsy though... :(