Claire-Nicolle

Gluten-Free Restaurants In Vancouver Canada?

Rate this topic

We are currently in the process of moving to Vancouver, and my twins birthdays are coming up and I was wondering if their are any Gluten-Free restaurants in Vancouver and also if there are Gluten-Free bakeries that I could buy a gluten-free cake from!!

Thanks so much

We are currently in the process of moving to Vancouver, and my twins birthdays are coming up and I was wondering if their are any Gluten-Free restaurants in Vancouver and also if there are Gluten-Free bakeries that I could buy a gluten-free cake from!!

Thanks so much

I just got back from a 4 day weekend in Vancouver with my hubby and we had a really good time.

We stayed close to downtown so most of the restaurants we went to were on or around Robson street.

The best 2 restaurants as far as food quality and knowledgeable staff were Joey's (http://joeyrestaurants.com/) and Noodle Box (http://thenoodlebox.net/)

The Red Robin on Robson was great about feeding me. We had burgers on lettuce buns and fries from a dedicated fryer. Very knowledgeable and very friendly.

Panne Rizo (www.pannerizo.com) is a decent bakery for cookies and such, not sure about cakes. Choices (www.choicesmarket.com) is great. They have a nice store with a good selection of gluten free baked goods and there is a stand alone gluten-free bakery location as well but we didn't go there. The downtown store even had a few fancy looking gluten-free birthday cakes in the freezer. They were around $25 but they looked really good.

We also went to Aphrodites in Kits for breakfast. The food was great but shockingly expensive. We ordered Eggs Bennie on gluten-free corn muffins, an omelet with gluten-free toast, one chai latte and a piece of gluten-free strawberry rhubard pie with ice cream to share and our bill with tax and a 15% tip was $72!! For breakfast!!