Scott Adams

California Pizza Kitchen Lying About Going Gluten-Free? - The Stir

Rate this topic

6.jpg

The Stir

California Pizza Kitchen Lying About Going Gluten-Free?

The Stir

As a recently diagnosed celiac, I was stoked to hear that California Pizza Kitchen was whipping up some gluten-free crust. However, some people in the same boat as I feel otherwise. In fact, gluten-free eaters are crying foul on CPK's new gluten-free ...

View the full article

Someone who does marketing for them contacted me and asked me to do a blog piece on them having gluten-free options. I was on the fence because there is no way we would try their pizzas, since they are not in a dedicated space and also because we are grain-free as well (among other things). I'm not surprised at all to read that there are cc problems.

My 10 year old had something to say on this topic - there is a local pizza place that has lots of fun events at it, and they also are well-known for their gluten-free pizza. My son said, "why would anyone trust a gluten-free pizza there? There is flour all over everything." From the mouths of babes...

Someone who does marketing for them contacted me and asked me to do a blog piece on them having gluten-free options. I was on the fence because there is no way we would try their pizzas, since they are not in a dedicated space and also because we are grain-free as well (among other things). I'm not surprised at all to read that there are cc problems.

My 10 year old had something to say on this topic - there is a local pizza place that has lots of fun events at it, and they also are well-known for their gluten-free pizza. My son said, "why would anyone trust a gluten-free pizza there? There is flour all over everything." From the mouths of babes...

We have Garlic Jim's here and I believe their dough is premade and brought in. I can't remember what it is they use to roll it out but it is not wheat flour. It might be rice flour. I know it is gluten-free. I did watch them make our gluten-free pizza but was not really sure if they made it in a dedicated spot because they were really not busy. We went in there within the first few days of opening. They are much busier now.

I wouldn't say they are lying becasue from Day 1 I remember their menu basically stated they cannot guarantee that anything is gluten-free due to CC.