This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ot- What Makes You Cry?

Nor-TX

Nor-TX Enthusiast

:(I have been having the "woes" lately and got into a conversation with a friend about what makes women cry. We came up with lots of "chick" things that make us cry.

Example: Sad movies, seeing a baby born, personal verbal attacks, missing someone who is no longer in our lives, watching someone else cry, feeling frustrated, touching commercials, regretting past decisions, memories, unexpected happy things happening to us, feeling sorry for ourselves.

I was just wondering what makes you cry? Do you feel better afterwards or worse? How to you get rid of the "woes"? Do you cry alone or "share"?

Would love to hear your stories.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

I am an emotional person and easily moved in both good ways and bad. All you mention get me going and also I must add physical pain. My constant, unrelenting chronic back pain is so bad it at times is beyond tears but it makes me cry at times. The frustration from grieving what I can no longer do as a result of that pain sometimes makes me cry, too. I have cried at incredible foods in other countries I can no longer have but that has really improved. :)

My tiny nieces/nephews calling me with their wee innocent voices also get me. Seeing border collies can set me off - we miss our beloved border collie to pieces so seeing them brings back good memories. Animals in general touch my heart.

Sometimes I almost cry when others share my enthusiasm and passion for cooking! It thrills me to no end. Being in a beautiful spot (i.e. our house/garden in Croatia) always brings tears. Then when it comes time for us to fly back to Canada I cry because I know what I am missing and I dread returning!

My husband is incredibly romantic. Once in Wales in a spectacular garden I asked him, "Have you ever seen anything so lovely in your life?" He replied, "Yes, you on our wedding day." He whisks me off on romantic weekend getaways and plans many exciting things for me (i.e. hiring a personal chef from hours away to come to our house to make me an incredible birthday dinner). He really does love to please me. Walking with him hand in hand (especially in the forest or the sea around our Croatia house) sends shivers up my spine and brings the tears. I am such a sap! :D

Great books such as those written by the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen get me so involved it is as though I am right there. They move me as well. Same with classic movies where love is really love.

When I cry due to pain it does not make me feel better as my eyes swell nearly shut and hurt. But when I cry lightly (i.e. a book) it makes me feel better. My husband has seen me cry tons of times - I've cried with my family when rejoicing and when sad. I sometimes cry in church singing powerful songs.

Seeing others being mistreated, suffering, sad or grieving (or filled with joy!) are yet other things that get me going.

Man, it sounds as though I'm a crybaby! :P

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I'm really not much of a crier. Only time I cried often was when I was on gluten and very sick from it. For a while there I would cry over everything-- sometimes I would just sob uncontrollably and have no idea WHY I was crying. I don't do that anymore. About the only thing that makes me cry is the death of a loved one. I never cried at weddings or sad movies or anything like that. Nothing against people that do cry at those things I just never felt emotional about anything except the loss of loved ones. I think I cried when 9-11 happened. I also cry if I'm in extreme pain like the time I broke my toe.

kareng Grand Master

Almost cried today. My big strong 18 year old son was cuddling the dog. They don't cuddle, they wrestle, usually. It just hit him yesterday that he is going far away to college and won't see the dog or his local friends until thanksgiving.

I guess, seeing my kids sad makes me want to cry.

IrishHeart Veteran

I am a true Irish/Armenian weeper.....I can really let go when it hits me---the deep heaving scream -like- a banshee gasping sobs. Whoa baby! I feel better after, yes! I cried once for 3 solid hours about a month after my Dad died...it gave me a headache and dehydration! I had kept stoic and strong for my Mom and then, it all came out....I did that for several months until it stopped. He was a big booby -calf, too (that's a Boston expression for someone who cries!) ;) We would both bawl at a soppy movie and crack up about it!

I cried for months after every miscarriage I had and a year of failed fertility treatments. I still tear up sometimes over the fact that I do not have children. (thank you Celiac! :angry: )

I am much like LOVE2TRAVEL...so almost everything she said goes ditto for me!!! ;) ---my beloved black Lab, Gracie or my two cats--man, I still miss them and they've been gone for years...I cry at an injured bird!...or while reading a good book or watching a play. Anything I find "beautiful"...Seeing a rainbow or a sunset sets me off, a beautiful painting in a museum can "move me". Music , too can move me--or a beautiful dance.

And, yes the excruciating pain I live with 24/7 makes me cry all the time....sigh. I have been known to go sit in the car in the garage and just let it go ---so sweet Hubby doesn't have to hear me once more. It makes him feel so bad I am in so much pain....And then, I get over it and move on! :)

I have cried at a good hallmark card from someone who loves me and at the sight of roadkill....and I wept like all get-out when I saw my friend's baby being born! Such a gift! I cry at weddings and funerals and graduations and I cried the first time I saw my best friend on Skype (we had not seen each other in years--only spoken on the phone and email) I cried then, too. Forget "It's a Wonderful Life" at Christmas--or "Taps" at a funeral....I start bawling about half way in. I tear up at news stories of people losing their homes or being destitute, people in pain, or stories of animal abuse and I cry about so many people dying while serving in the armed forces.I also cry with joy when someone shares good news with me...

What can I say?

I'm an emotional person and I LAUGH just as deeply :) I do things all the way, I guess!! :)

Like GFMANNA, I cried like crazy in gluten-hell and THAT's how I really knew something was really wrong with me. I would cry for NO apparent reason...except I felt so awful, not like me and out of my head with gluten weirdness. My husband and I have cried together several times during my strange illness and subsequent horrific pain and getting no answers from dozens of doctors for over 3 years. And yes, we cried FOR JOY yesterday when we learned I was getting better. My lab work shows I am greatly improved. yippee!!

I have teared up in delight on Christmas day while watching my nieces and nephews open gifts and squeal with joy and I cried and laughed when my hubby proposed. When we stood on the Cliffs of Moher on our honeymoon, well, that was so powerful--to see such beauty and realize the depth of God's Hand...well, yup, I blubbered then, too!!

I cry alone-- and with others-- and I make no apologies for being the way I am!

I'd rather be this way than indifferent and cold. ;)

Crying is cathartic and so, let it rip if you need to! It's a known stress-buster....there are scientific studies that show what tears help elimintae from the body, too!...and bottling it up is what makes for problems!

Interesting question you posed !!THANKS... and I almost teared up while writing my response...what a cry baby I am!! :D

sniffle....please pass me a tissue....

love2travel Mentor

I am a true Irish/Armenian weeper.....I can really let go when it hits me---the deep heaving scream -like- a banshee gasping sobs. Whoa baby! I feel better after, yes! I cried once for 3 solid hours about a month after my Dad died...it gave me a headache and dehydration! I had kept stoic and strong for my Mom and then, it all came out....I did that for several months until it stopped. He was a big booby -calf, too (that's a Boston expression for someone who cries!) ;) We would both bawl at a soppy movie and crack up about it!

I cried for months after every miscarriage I had and a year of failed fertility treatments. I still tear up sometimes over the fact that I do not have children. (thank you Celiac! :angry: )

I am much like LOVE2TRAVEL...so almost everything she said goes ditto for me!!! ;) ---my beloved black Lab, Gracie or my two cats--man, I still miss them and they've been gone for years...I cry at an injured bird!...or while reading a good book or watching a play. Anything I find "beautiful"...Seeing a rainbow or a sunset sets me off, a beautiful painting in a museum can "move me". Music , too can move me--or a beautiful dance.

And, yes the excruciating pain I live with 24/7 makes me cry all the time....sigh. I have been known to go sit in the car in the garage and just let it go ---so sweet Hubby doesn't have to hear me once more. It makes him feel so bad I am in so much pain....And then, I get over it and move on! :)

I have cried at a good hallmark card from someone who loves me and at the sight of roadkill....and I wept like all get-out when I saw my friend's baby being born! Such a gift! I cry at weddings and funerals and the first time I saw my best friend on Skype (we had not seen each other in years--only spoken on the phone and email) I cried then, too. Forget "It's a Wonderful Life" at Christmas--or "Taps" at a funeral....I start bawling about half way in. I tear up at news stories of people losing their homes or being destitute, people in pain, or stories of animal abuse and I cry about so many people dying while serving in the armed forces.

What can I say?

I'm an emotional person and I LAUGH just as deeply :) I do things all the way, I guess!! :)

Like GFMANNA, I cried like crazy in gluten-hell and THAT's how I really knew something was really wrong with me. I would cry for NO apparent reason...except I felt so awful, not like me and out of my head with gluten weirdness. My husband and I have cried together several times during my strange illness and subsequent horrific pain and getting no answers from dozens of doctors for over 3 years. And yes, we cried FOR JOY yesterday when we learned I was getting better. My lab work shows I am greatly improved. yippee!!

I have teared up in delight on Christmas day while watching my nieces and nephews open gifts and squeal with joy and I cried and laughed when my hubby proposed. When we stood on the Cliffs of Moher on our honeymoon, well, that was so powerful--to see such beauty and realize the depth of God's Hand...well, yup, I blubbered then, too!!

I cry alone-- and with others-- and I make no apologies for being the way I am!

I'd rather be this way than indifferent and cold. ;)

Crying is cathartic and so, let it rip if you need to! It's a known stress-buster....there are scientific studies that show what tears help elimintae fromt he body, too!...and bottling it up is what makes for problems!

Interesting question you posed !!THANKS... and I almost teared up while writing my response...what a cry baby I am!! :D

sniffle....please pass me a tissue....

Oh, IrishHeart! You got me all verklempt. My husband says one of the reasons he fell in love with me was my caring (did he mean crying?) nature. I know what you mean about dead birds! I got teary last week when I saw a dog I love toss a half-live mouse in the air even. Don't get me wrong - I despise mice - but also hate to see anything suffer. Get this - the other day I walked by one of my flowerbeds and said, "Sorry!" to a flower I accidentally knocked off. I cried last year when I lost my apples on our tree to hail. I realize they do not have souls but still!

I too cried tons after every miscarriage and still do at times knowing I never was able to have children. That is one of the saddest things of my life - especially when I see children mistreated when I would love to scoop him/her up in my arms and take them out of the situation!

Yes, my heart is achingly soft but better than rock hard.

IrishHeart, if you and I meet some day we'll have to have a good old cry together. :)

You were proposed to on the Cliffs of Moher? STOP IT! I probably would have cried so hard I would have fallen off...

IrishHeart Veteran

:)

Oh, IrishHeart! You got me all verklempt. My husband says one of the reasons he fell in love with me was my caring (did he mean crying?) nature. I know what you mean about dead birds! I got teary last week when I saw a dog I love toss a half-live mouse in the air even. Don't get me wrong - I despise mice - but also hate to see anything suffer. Get this - the other day I walked by one of my flowerbeds and said, "Sorry!" to a flower I accidentally knocked off.

Yes, my heart is achingly soft but better than rock hard.

You were proposed to on the Cliffs of Moher? STOP IT! I probably would have cried so hard I would have fallen off...

Oh Honey,..I know what you mean about the lost babes...my sympathies, sweetie!

LOL ...about the flower!!...I CARRY bugs OUTSIDE rather than squish them. I cried when we lost our apple tree and our birch to storms...what a dork I am!

No, the Cliffs of Moher was during our honeymoon...he proposed on bended knee right here in our garden...surrounded by perennials we have from both our beloved Dad's gardens....oops.... there I go again....waaaaa!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

:)

LOL ...about the flower!!...I CARRY bugs OUTSIDE rather than squish them...I'm such a dope. :) No, the Cliffs of Moher was during our honeymoon...he proposed on bended knee right here in our garden...surrounded by perennials we have from both our beloved Dad's gardens....oops.... there I go again....waaaaa!!!

Oops - missed that minor Cliffs of Moher detail. Couldn't see it through my tears! (kidding)

I've been known to carry bugs outside, too, especially ladybugs. OK - this will seem really dumb to many people but I actually scoopy up earthworms after a rain on the sidewalk/driveway and put them into one of the flowerbeds. Good for my plants and better for the worms! :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Oops - missed that minor Cliffs of Moher detail. Couldn't see it through my tears! (kidding)

I've been known to carry bugs outside, too, especially ladybugs. OK - this will seem really dumb to many people but I actually scoopy up earthworms after a rain on the sidewalk/driveway and put them into one of the flowerbeds. Good for my plants and better for the worms! :D

Okay , we do live parallel lives!! :lol: ...I take the ladybugs outside too and set them "free"...why are they so darn CUTE!!?? We get a flood of them every spring inside the house... I once wrote an essay about a ladybug who lived in my kitchen all winter long for a class I took (I named her Ethel -learned afterwards that this name means "noble") and she inspired me to hang on when I was very, very sick and in so much pain....and when I read it aloud, that essay made lots of other people cry...LOL

alex11602 Collaborator

I have cried for many of the reasons stated already and then many more too.

I cried after I had my miscarriages, but I also cried when my two daughters were born because I had very difficult pregnancies.

I cried when my youngest was very sick and the doctors said it was just how it would be and I cried when we both had our first mostly symptom free day because I was so happy.

I cried when my youngest said her first word because I didn't think I would ever hear it, she didn't really even try until a few months after taking gluten out of her diet and now she never stops trying to talk.

I have cried many times over some not so good things that have happened in my life and then cried when I realize that if it weren't for those things I would not have met my husband.

I cry when my husband tries to make up for us not having a real wedding and for the way we ended up getting married. (I couldn't stand him when we got married, only married him because I had just turned 18 and had a baby. Only to realize later how much I loved him.)

And because of our wedding (at a church that was being built with no family around, the constructions workers didn't even stop while we said our vows and my daughter was the only one wearing a dress.) I cry at the romantic weddings that you see on tv or in movies.

I cry at romantic movies and books, especially those written by Nicholas Sparks or the movies that are based off his books.

I sometimes cry when my husband and I are in the kitchen cooking dinner together because I never thought our marriage would last long enough to just work together without having to say anything.

I have been known to tear up when my kids finally learn something that they have been trying really hard to learn.

Ok after writing this there are alot of things that I cry about and this isn't even the whole list. Crying usually does not make me feel better, if it's over something happy then it just goes away, alot of times if it is about weddings I will stay sad since I am still upset about my wedding (which is completely ridiculous, but I can't seem to help it) and to get myself out of feeling sad or down I will sometimes read a book, other times I just have to wait for it to pass.

rosetapper23 Explorer

I, too, cried over the miscarriages and years of infertility....but I cried at the eventual births of both of my children and many times over the years when they accomplished something wonderful or became injured or ill. I cried more than I ever thought I could when I was diagnosed with breast cancer because I thought I'd die without seeing my children graduate from college and get married, cried again when I learned it was invasive, and cried buckets last January when it recurred after four years of being cancerfree....because I thought it had spread and I would soon die. Thankfully (at least for now), it doesn't seem to have metastasized, but I feel as though I'm walking on eggshells all the time. Whenever I think that I may not be around long enough to welcome grandchildren or be there for my grown children when they need me, I still get weepy. However, I try to stay optimistic and upbeat....someday, I may feel as though it's all behind me for good.

Love2travel, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Have you read about Curamin, a natural product that appears to be extremely helpful for people with debilitating, chronic back pain. I read an article about it in Woman's World magazine and bought some Curamin for my mom, and she raves about how it has helped her chronic back pain. Here's a link to that article:

Open Original Shared Link

Lastly, I cry over the antics of puppies and kittens....and I cry when my special furry and feathered friends pass away. My eyes are welling up just at the memories of them...

Does crying help? Sometimes....but when I cry too hard, my eyes swell shut so that I can't go to work or even be seen outside the house. Perhaps this is a good thing, since then I have to remain inside and am forced to rest.

rosetapper23 Explorer

Love2travel,

I just realized from reading another one of your posts that your spelling of certain words indicates that you probably don't live in the U.S. If you feel that you would like to try the Curamin, it costs about $32.00 with a coupon for a local health store, and I would be happy to purchase some and send it to you. If you happen to be an Aussie, my daughter lives in Sydney, and I often mail her packages...and I could send it along for her to mail it to you. I'll also be visiting Australia myself in November.

Just let me know....

love2travel Mentor

Love2travel,

I just realized from reading another one of your posts that your spelling of certain words indicates that you probably don't live in the U.S. If you feel that you would like to try the Curamin, it costs about $32.00 with a coupon for a local health store, and I would be happy to purchase some and send it to you. If you happen to be an Aussie, my daughter lives in Sydney, and I often mail her packages...and I could send it along for her to mail it to you. I'll also be visiting Australia myself in November.

Just let me know....

Correct! I live in Canada and use British spelling (i.e. "honour"). I read so many classic English books that I find myself using certain expressions and words such as "betwixt" and "whilst".

That Curamin sounds very interesting. I would be willing to do pretty much anything for my pain at this point. I have tried nearly 20 kinds of prescription painkillers, sleep aids, etc. to no avail. I will do a search and see if I can find it here! I was hoping that all the supplements I take would help but so far only the magnesium helps my calf pain - nothing for my back/shoulders/hips/pelvis. Dumb injury! :( Thanks so much for mentioning the Curamin. I would love to try it. :)

elye Community Regular

When I saw this thread, my thoughts immediately turned to this piece -- the one thing that, after having read it many, many times through the years, while going through the toughest bouts of grieving over the beloved dogs that I have been blessed to have, still brings me to tears:

elye Community Regular

I just finished watching this again, as I have through the years, and I've STILL got tears streaming down my face. .. .....

:rolleyes:

love2travel Mentor

When I saw this thread, my thoughts immediately turned to this piece -- the one thing that, after having read it many, many times through the years, while going through the toughest bouts of grieving over the beloved dogs that I have been blessed to have, still brings me to tears:

That is really sweet - it certainly got my tears going. I believe that I will see my beloved dog in Heaven one day and we will rejoice together. :)

rosetapper23 Explorer

Love2travel,

I tried the Curamin, too, for major pain (after a car accident), and it helped me through that hard time. Because I've had a good response to Dr. Christopher's Tissue and Bone and Dr. Christopher's Joint Formula, my pain is kept at a minimum, so I don't need to buy the Curamin for myself anymore. I do, however, keep some in the cupboard for emergencies.

And, again, if you're unable to find Curamin in Canada, my offer stands. I hate to think of good people being in pain and suffering.

IrishHeart Veteran

That Curamin sounds very interesting. I would be willing to do pretty much anything for my pain at this point. I have tried nearly 20 kinds of prescription painkillers, sleep aids, etc. to no avail. I will do a search and see if I can find it here! I was hoping that all the supplements I take would help but so far only the magnesium helps my calf pain - nothing for my back/shoulders/hips/pelvis. Dumb injury! :( Thanks so much for mentioning the Curamin. I would love to try it. :)

ROSETAPPER and LOVE2TRAVEL....don't mean to butt into your chat here, ;) but I have also tried thousands and thousands of $$$$ worth of remedies, herbals, various doctors, therapeutic methods (acupuncture, chiro, massage, blah blah blah) gone to a pain clinic, even tried two steroid injections---did this for YEARS and yet, my back, pelvis and shoulders SCREAM at me 24/7...no rheumatologist has ever helped, no NSAIDs, narcotics, muscle relaxers, sleep meds...(you should see my box of drugs I do not use :blink: )...nothing works. The MRIs reveal nothing but some disc degeneration and the verdict was "osteoarthritis", severe myofascial pain, and I am loaded with knots. My muscles are so damaged from celiac I am weak and lost major muscle tone and mass. And, I have nerve compression , so I BURN constantly...But no one can explain WHY IT HURTS SO MUCH. Constant. Unrelenting. Pain. AGONY every day...just UGH. And yet, I do not stop moving and trying to live as "normally" as possible.

My GI doctor says celiac can cause so much inflammation in the body, he is not surprised I--or any of us-- suffer so much.

I am very intrigued that you mentioned the Curamin. I know tumeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and several people have suggested curcumin to me (I tried it once for 2 months---noticed no change, BUT I was also very inflamed from gluten/celiac....maybe NOW it would actually help!? )

So THANKS for mentioning this once more, perhaps I'll give curcumin a chance again...any relief would be great--and reduce the number of tears I shed, for sure. :) (I do not know if I can take the Curamin product as I see it also contains fermented soy ingredients?) In any case, curcumin may be helpful now.

Blessings on you both!!Irish

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Ok, am crying now!! rolleyes.gif

mushroom Proficient

Gosh, Em, that was so moving. No, I did not cry - I have kinda given that up because it makes me feel so bad :( - I prefer to be just deeply moved :)

sb2178 Enthusiast

I'm going to skip em's link. Would rather not join the sobfest...

Me: grief, extreme frustation (that's the stage after i throw things), extreme fatigue esp if combined with fatigue, sometimes with anger, and occasionally I'll stumble on a book or movie scene, but that's pretty rare. Anyone remember "where the red fern grows"? -- the end of that book was probably the first book that I actually cried over. in fourth grade.

rosetapper23 Explorer

Irish Heart,

I, too, react badly to soy, but I have no problems whatsoever with fermented soy. Most people who can't tolerate soy can, indeed, tolerate fermented soy. However, if you have an actual allergy, I don't know....

With regard to Curamin, I don't believe that taking curcumin will have the same effect (which is unfortunate, since Curamin is a bit on the expensive side). I just had to take a few capsules from my Curamin stash because my neck and shoulder locked up from hoeing Bermuda grass in my backyard and shoveling dirt/gravel. It only took about 30 minutes for the neck and shoulder pain to ease, and I can now turn my head again. It really is a miracle product. I'm sorry to hear that you, too, are in so much pain! Although I suffered from tremendous bone, muscle, back, ligament, and tendon pain from birth (born with Ricketts and had Rheumatic Fever twice), I really have had relief from using natural products during the recent past. My recipe for remaining painfree includes the following: taking a ratio of 2:1 of Omega 6s to 3s (1/2 teaspoon of organic flaxseed oil and 3/4 teaspoon of organic grapeseed oil), one teaspoon of Calorad right before bed (this is bovine collagen, which turns off the inflammatory action in arthritis), taking one capsule of Dr. Christopher's Tissue and Bone and a capsule of his Joint Formula in the morning, and doing yoga/T-Tapp on a regular basis. T-Tapp was actually the routine that initially relieved my back, knee, and foot pain enough so that I could function (wwww.t-tapp.com), and it corrected the lifelong scoliosis I had suffered from.

Anyway, in addition to the above measures, I also take Curamin when I need extra relief. I sure hope that you're able to find something that will help relieve your immense pain (now, I feel so sad for both of you!!!).

Nor-TX Enthusiast

I am totally amazed at the outpouring from the very depths of everyone's soul with these postings.

Crying makes me even sadder. Right now I am laid off from my paraprofessional school job. In over 43 years of working, I have never been fired, laid off, asked to leave or anything like that. I have had this job for almost 14 years but the budget problems in Texas in the education field required many lay offs and cut backs. I have worked in a school since 1986 - first in Canada and then in Texas when I moved here.

During the day I cry, feel lost and miss the hustle and bustle of going back to school. This past week has been extremely difficult. I know I should feel happy about not having to work and I guess sometime soon I will come to terms with this next stage of life, but for right now I am giving myself this time to grieve.

My situation will be a change for me financially, my DH thinks my health will improve and I am feeling like I am missing something.

Good luck to everyone who has shared their stories about crying.

love2travel Mentor

Love2travel,

I tried the Curamin, too, for major pain (after a car accident), and it helped me through that hard time. Because I've had a good response to Dr. Christopher's Tissue and Bone and Dr. Christopher's Joint Formula, my pain is kept at a minimum, so I don't need to buy the Curamin for myself anymore. I do, however, keep some in the cupboard for emergencies.

And, again, if you're unable to find Curamin in Canada, my offer stands. I hate to think of good people being in pain and suffering.

Rosetapper, you are so sweet! Really. Tomorrow I see an allergist/naturopath and will see what he says and ask him about Curamin (and Dr. Christopher's stuff you also mention). Will post after that. I am thinking that natural supplements will be a more likely answer than all the morphine, narcotics, opioids and so on I've tried without success but with nasty side effects. I am currently taking Zink, B12 sublingual, D3, B complex, magnesium and Omega 3 for fibromyalgia as per my chronic pain doctor's recs. Have also read a lot about malic acid for pain. It is certainly worth a try!

IrishHeart Veteran

Irish Heart,

I, too, react badly to soy, but I have no problems whatsoever with fermented soy. Most people who can't tolerate soy can, indeed, tolerate fermented soy. However, if you have an actual allergy, I don't know....

With regard to Curamin, I don't believe that taking curcumin will have the same effect (which is unfortunate, since Curamin is a bit on the expensive side). I just had to take a few capsules from my Curamin stash because my neck and shoulder locked up from hoeing Bermuda grass in my backyard and shoveling dirt/gravel. It only took about 30 minutes for the neck and shoulder pain to ease, and I can now turn my head again. It really is a miracle product. I'm sorry to hear that you, too, are in so much pain! Although I suffered from tremendous bone, muscle, back, ligament, and tendon pain from birth (born with Ricketts and had Rheumatic Fever twice), I really have had relief from using natural products during the recent past. My recipe for remaining painfree includes the following: taking a ratio of 2:1 of Omega 6s to 3s (1/2 teaspoon of organic flaxseed oil and 3/4 teaspoon of organic grapeseed oil), one teaspoon of Calorad right before bed (this is bovine collagen, which turns off the inflammatory action in arthritis), taking one capsule of Dr. Christopher's Tissue and Bone and a capsule of his Joint Formula in the morning, and doing yoga/T-Tapp on a regular basis. T-Tapp was actually the routine that initially relieved my back, knee, and foot pain enough so that I could function (wwww.t-tapp.com), and it corrected the lifelong scoliosis I had suffered from.

Anyway, in addition to the above measures, I also take Curamin when I need extra relief. I sure hope that you're able to find something that will help relieve your immense pain (now, I feel so sad for both of you!!!).

Rose T.

I just re-read your earlier post and now this one and may I just say, you are one amazing woman! You've handled many challenges and I find you inspiring. I hope you continue to remain in remission.

Thanks for telling us your remedy list. The Naturopath I saw for 18 months (before I figured out I had celiac and was Dxed) was perplexed by the way NOTHING we tried for my pain and inflammation helped. I have to think gut healing is the first step to knocking down the inflammation and then, finding the right combo of things to help with the pain. I will read up on the products you have listed and no, I do not have an actual allergy to soy (I was tested) but I had high antibodies to soybean on IgG testing back in 2010. So, I should be able to tolerate it fine.

I'll look into it right now!

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions--and I wish you all the best! :) Irish

Archived