This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ot- What Makes You Cry?

Nor-TX

love2travel Mentor

Sincere love and kindness from others can get me teary, too, as I find it touching.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

It takes a lot to make me cry. I have a knee that subluxates. That means it pops out of place and then back in. Hasn't *knock wood* happened for many years. But when it does the pain is very sharp and intense. It will bring tears to my eyes but the tears are brief.

Mainly it is stress that makes me cry. Like the time my husband took everything in the bathroom and put it in garbage bags. Or the time he emptied out the kitchen and put it all in boxes. Or the time he moved everything out of this room and put it in the dining room. Don't ask me why he does these things. He just does. And then I will begin a sort of hysterical wailing...like a primal scream and it ends in tears. And then he just sits there laughing at me and saying I am crazy.

Well that hysterical wailing happened again the other day. It was just too many things happening in one day. Daughter is going through some medical stuff. I got a confusing letter from her Dr. One of her needed prescriptions was sent to the pharmacy but the other one wasn't. By the time we got home it was too late to call the Drs. office. I guess that in and of itself wouldn't have been a big deal. But I have just been through soooo much stuff with this Dr. myself. More confusing letters. Near constant messed up prescriptions. Either they send in the wrong thing or nothing at all. It isn't the Dr. himself but someone in his office. Someone who has no command of the English language based on how they write the letters to me. So with that I was kind of like... Oh no! Not again! Thankfully he had given my daughter some samples of the med and she still had those but it still meant another trip to the pharmacy which we have yet been able to do. Must write that on my list for tomorrow.

Worse in my mind is the fact that our toilet broke. We do have another working toilet but the new med my daughter started on has the potential to make her sick to her stomach. And I've been sick to my stomach. So two toilets would really be nice.

I have a contractor who did some work for me last winter and he was supposed to come today to finish fixing my driveway. He couldn't do the job properly at the time because it was raining so hard. He had replaced a burst pipe which meant having to cut across the driveway and patch it. But because it was so wet, the area that he patched just sank down and it is difficult to get the trash and recycle cans over that spot to the curb.

So... He had put in a new toilet for us this last Spring. And I wanted him to put in another one. But... He wasn't answering his phone.

Daughter and I had been out and I had tried to call my husband a couple of times to bring him up to date on her medical problems. Seeing as how we had just gotten the labs back. But he didn't answer.

So he called while we were shopping in Target. I told him I wasn't going to discuss it in a public place like that and I would call him when we got home. He is the kind of person who won't take "no" for an answer and just kept calling me over and over again until he almost drained my phone battery. I have told him he needs to not do this in case I have a true emergency and need the phone. I am disabled and diabetic. But he doesn't seem to care. Turning the phone off isn't a good option either because he will just flood me with text messages and voice mails to the point where it can take almost an hour to delete them all.

So then he laid off. Until the minute we got in the door to the house. He somehow always seems to know when we get in. He called the house. I told him I was busy and would call him back. I needed to put away the groceries and get dinner started. Daughter has to take her new med with dinner and it is important that she gets the med at close to the same time each day. I was also really stressing out about the toilet and wanted to call the contractor to see if he could put one in for me or if I had to call someone else.

I explained to my husband that I really needed to make this phone call. And as it turns out, he had called my mom and she told him what the deal was with our daughter. So he already knew. He didn't even need to talk to me. I kept begging him to please just give me 5 minutes and I would call him back. I couldn't really tell him anything really without having the labs and the letter in front of me.

But he just kept callng back. Finally my daughter grabbed the phone and screamed at him, telling him it was going to take even MORE time for me to call him back if he didn't just stop! But he still kept calling. And each time I hung up on him, I would try to call the contractor but he hadn't hung up the phone on his end so I couldn't make a call out. And by now my cell phone was totally dead because he had been calling it too. So it was plugged in and I really couldn't use it.

I lost track of how many times he had called me. I then just lost it and had a melt down. Started the wailing and wound up in tears as he called me yet again. Screamed at my daughter and told her she was going to have to get the phone because there was no way I could do it. I was that angry!

He finally laid off and I was able to call the contractor. And he didn't answer. To add to that stress he never showed up today and now said he can't come till next Wed. But he can put in a toilet for me.

So then I called my husband over and over again but he was playing games with me and wouldn't answer his phone. I guess this was his way of "punishing" me for not telling him what he wanted to know when he wanted to know it.

I finally got him to answer but then there was a long period of silence because apparently he was going through the gate at the military installation where he lives. Gah!

So then I read him the letter word for word. He kept telling me to summarize it but I couldn't. And I couldn't because what it said didn't make much sense. I am not going to repost it here, but it was bad. I read it to my friend and my mom and they just laughed at the way it was worded. I wouldn't know for sure what some of it meant until I spoke to the Dr., which I have since done to clarify things. But I told him all that I knew and even told him the lab results. Then he just started screaming at me and said nobody would tell him what was going on. My mom wouldn't tell him and now I wouldn't tell him. My daughter grabbed the phone and told him herself. Then he had the nerve to say SHE wouldn't tell him. She got very angry and said that not only had she told him but I had told him because she heard me tell him and my mom had told him too. Gah!

Then of course today he kept calling me over and over again at the time the contractor was supposed to call me. He said he would call ahead so I could move my van out of the driveway. Each time the phone rang I got my hopes up but it was just my husband and he didn't want anything except to tell me not to be rude to him on the phone. Well gee... Anyone else would have gotten it when I said I was expecting a phone call and needed to keep the line clear. But not him. He seems to think it means call me a dozen or so times so nobody else can call. For all I know the contractor did try to call me. He was supposed to come over after he finished the job he was on but alas he was still there at 8:00 tonight which was what I had suspected had happened.

Archived