carecare

Walmart Stew Meat...i'm Guessing Is Not Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I never thought I'd have to read the label on meat before. Specifically, meat like stew meat. However, I noticed after purchase that the walmart stew meat had stuff added to it. That really sucked but my husband ate it anyway and a day later was really really sick. I'm guessing it was the stew meat. His guts got really messed up from it. I suppose I will contact walmart and ask for specifics of what is in the solution they inject into their meat. I know one thing...never buying meat from walmart again!!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

Another reason to ALWAYS read labels. If they were trying to make it very stew specific, they may have dusted it with flour. Most plain meat does not have any added ingredients, but stores MAY add ingredients if they label them.

What was in it? They would list wheat.

richard

I would be faster to suspect food poisoning that gluten.

I have no idea about that, but to be honest the idea of buying meat from Walmart makes me :ph34r: Sorry, that's probably a prejudice on my part. But my Target also just added a large food section and I cannot imagine ever buying any meat or fish from them. :ph34r: :ph34r: ick. Up until recently their "specialty" has been clothes, household things, electronics, etc. I have no confidence that they know how to buy, transport, and store meat properly. [need a "sick" emoticon right here]