Rate this topic

So.. in the few years leading up to my diagnoses my anxiety was getting WAY out of control.. and for some reason that effected phone calls more then anything, I absolutely couldn't work up the nerve to call and eventually I got to the point where I only answered the phone when I absolutely had to..

Since going gluten free however, My nerves are returning to normal and even improving as each day passes =D

And without further ado, I overcame zed fear RIGHT NAW, I called Hershey Canada and I questioned that guy about gluten like A detective pro >.< =D

I did merge some words together at one point but then after that initial zomg stage I just..dropped all that nervous energy =)

Not assuming everyone cares about that but I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone else with a silly fear, and to let them know it feels GREAT to overcome it lol

I'd also like to state, York Bites are gluten free =P and not produced on a shared line.

That's great!!! I am so happy for you:) Those phones can be scary things sometimes though, but seriously that is really good.

As someone who dealt with mood and emotional issues pre-gluten-free......RAWK ON!

how awesome!! i know *exactly* what you mean - i was 'letting things go' aka not making phone calls/answering calls. general anxiety about everything. but - after a year gluten free - recently i DROVE MY CAR 750 MILES to visit family. travel is one of my favorite things ever and i couldn't drive without freaking out/vertigo/etc. my husband couldn't believe i did it! (brought my daughter just in case i had to make her take the wheel) then when i got to my old stomping grounds, i couldn't wait to jump in the driver's seat and sightsee - wooooohoooo - went to an unfamiliar grocery store while there (you hafta pay a quarter to get a grocery buggy in NJ - whaaaaaa?? lol) with no problems :)

back home i am more likely to Leave The House. i may actually make it back to WORK eventually, which i miss very much. not to mention i like to make My Own Money so..... this thing really creeped up and paralyzed me. so much more than i ever realized.

congratulations to you !!! i'll come over and we'll make prank calls!! ("HEY. is your refrigerator running??") lololol

how awesome!! i know *exactly* what you mean - i was 'letting things go' aka not making phone calls/answering calls. general anxiety about everything. but - after a year gluten free - recently i DROVE MY CAR 750 MILES to visit family. travel is one of my favorite things ever and i couldn't drive without freaking out/vertigo/etc. my husband couldn't believe i did it! (brought my daughter just in case i had to make her take the wheel) then when i got to my old stomping grounds, i couldn't wait to jump in the driver's seat and sightsee - wooooohoooo - went to an unfamiliar grocery store while there (you hafta pay a quarter to get a grocery buggy in NJ - whaaaaaa?? lol) with no problems :)

back home i am more likely to Leave The House. i may actually make it back to WORK eventually, which i miss very much. not to mention i like to make My Own Money so..... this thing really creeped up and paralyzed me. so much more than i ever realized.

congratulations to you !!! i'll come over and we'll make prank calls!! ("HEY. is your refrigerator running??") lololol

Lol! that sounds awesome, I know certain busy city intersections scare the hell out of me still xD it's like ZOMG HES GUNNA HIT ME!! but then they always just drive casually by =P prank calls FTW! I member doing those as a kid once.. so fun lol

Awesome! I wish I could get over my own reluctance to pick up the phone. I don't know what it is about that damn thing.

That is totally cool! I thought I was the only one with that phobia. I finally overcame it somewhere during college, but I can remember a time in high school when I wanted to hear a particular song on the radio and I begged my sis to call it in for me because I couldn't bring myself to do it. For whatever reason, she wouldn't. Maybe she thought I was going crazy. :P Never did get to hear it that night...

Congrats Newtoitall! :D

Boy do I understand this one!! I'm in a new position at work that requires me to make a certain number of Cold calls every day. I've been unable to do it successfully and it's getting ridiculous!! I don't want to lose my job and I desperately WANT to make these calls and do well at work. But everytime I try to pick up the phone, I freeze. And I've been gluten free since February!! I can't seem to get over this - the anxiety is making me nuts. I really don't want to be medicated, but I don't know how else to overcome this. Every night I tell myself that tomorrow will be different...tomorrow I will do it! Well here I am at 9am and I'm shaking with the thought of making these calls. Praying for the anxiety to go away soon...don't know how much more I can take.