Peg541

Brand New

Rate this topic

I am just beginning to think this is where I need to be. Would someone please describe to me how you felt just before you were diagnosed? What symptoms brought you to the doctor?

I have an ultrasound cooking. Waiting for results but my gut (ha ha) feeling is Celiac or at least gluten intolerance.

Thank you.

Peg

I am just beginning to think this is where I need to be. Would someone please describe to me how you felt just before you were diagnosed? What symptoms brought you to the doctor?

I have an ultrasound cooking. Waiting for results but my gut (ha ha) feeling is Celiac or at least gluten intolerance.

Thank you.

Peg

Hi Peg,

welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed with Celiac through biopsy via Endoscopy. I had suspected Gall Bladder disease or a possible ulcer due to pain in the upper right quadrant. I was surprised when the diagnosis came back with celiac.

My only indications of celiac were an increase in bathroom visits beyond my normal bodily schedule. Other symptoms that were involved were nausea, anxiety, panic attacks and rib cage pain from bone loss.

as to your ultrasound, what is your doctor looking for with that procedure. Duodenal biopsy will reveal villi damage and determine if you have antibodies indicative of celiac, in addition to the blood test.

any questions, just post. hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. The ultrasound was for lower abdominal pressure. Nothing was found. Today I started gluten free and already the bathroom visits and gas are decreased. Pressure has quieted down also. I will try this for a while and see what changes.

Peg

Thanks for the reply. The ultrasound was for lower abdominal pressure. Nothing was found. Today I started gluten free and already the bathroom visits and gas are decreased. Pressure has quieted down also. I will try this for a while and see what changes.

Peg

actually, now that you mention lower abdominal pressure, that is how my symptoms first presented. The pressure was

exerting on the bladder so I went to a urologist who did ct scan and nothing unusual was found. Celiac disease can cause swelling pain and distention in the abdomen so if you do have celiac these kinds of symptoms are very common.

but before you start a gluten free diet it would be wise to have a blood test now because you should confirm a diagnosis as gluten exposure will raise your antibodies.

I agree but am reluctant to feel like that willingly

If this gluten restriction works for me then I have my diagnosis. I know that is not a great idea but medically it's sound. Money is not great right now and I have to choose my battles with Blue Croos.