josh052980

First Time Drinking Alcohol After Symptoms Clearing

Rate this topic

About a week ago, I was glutened, and was over my symptoms and back to normal feeling, aside from a few body aches yesterday. Being that I was feeling better, I decided to move back to normal life, how I would have been pre-glutening (before being glutened I was completely gluten-free for about 4 months). So I made up a batch of margaritas a few hours ago, and they were delicious. I used Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila and Dekuyper Triple Sec, both of which I'd had before with no issue. The one change I made was using Kroger brand limeade frozen concentrate, rather than Meijer brand (Meijer lists theirs as gluten-free on their website). I went to bed a bit after having the margaritas, feeling a bit buzzed, but not too bad.

Fast forward to now, it's about 3 hours later, and I just woke up in a cold sweat, with terrible acid reflux, which seems to be subsiding. Am I just reacting to the alcohol so soon after a glutening, or did I get glutened again? When I went to bed, I was barely buzzed, but fell asleep within minutes, and woke up very hard, and like I said, in a cold sweat, and with bad acid reflux. Those appear to be my only symptoms thus far.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm not sure about but you could have gotten gluten. Since being gluten free I react badly to most alcohols except rum. I'm not a big drinker in the first place but the first time I drank vodka after going gluten free I was sick with in a couple minutes. I've also noticed that a lot of time store brands of things will have gluten in them whereas the name brands do not.

Everything in your drink would seem to be gluten-free.

richard

I've been celiac for about 6 years and gluten free about 2 months margaritas, rum and coke, potato based vodka and a beer called Red Bridge made by Anheuser Busch, are the only alcoholic beverages I consume and have never had any problems. The same goes for my mom who was diagnosed and been on a strict diet of gluten free products. The very sight of gluten-free makes her stomach hurt it seems. That being said Sounds like something else got ya.