Mizzo

Gluten Free Granola Bars Anyone?and Fiber Help

Rate this topic

Hi,

Does anyone have a decent recipe for a crunchy oat bar recipe that doesn't involve a lot of work and doesn't rely on tons of nuts and dried fruit. We would rather go the pb , choc chip route?

Also, The only baked goods I do are occasional "birthday" cupcakes cake, then some muffins and pb cookies and CChip cookies. Are there suggestion on how to fiber up some simple carb items like

these. I prefer to cook with King Arthur gluten-free flour and its pretty much rice flour and cornstarch , not the healthiest but I don't bake a cake for healthy reasons. I would love to " healthify " muffins and

cookies if possible ,so any suggestions are welcome.

Maureen

Hi,

. Are there suggestion on how to fiber up some simple carb items like

these. I prefer to cook with King Arthur gluten-free flour and its pretty much rice flour and cornstarch , not the healthiest but I don't bake a cake for healthy reasons. I would love to " healthify " muffins and

cookies if possible ,so any suggestions are welcome.

Maureen

We are nut free so I can't help on the granola bar front.

To add fiber tho my kids diet, I bake/cook flax meal into things. They eat pancakes for breakfast daily so when I make them I add about 2 TBSP. per box of mix or so. I have also added it to cakes. King Arthur (I just found out) has a gluten-free flax meal now :) Yeah! I seriously just ordered from them in the last 10 minutes as I am out and need to power bake before this baby gets here!

My sister has done some experiments with muffins to make them higher in fiber and protein using things like ricotta cheese and coconut flour. She posts them here: http://thatlooksedible.blogspot.com

The chocolate and lemon poppyseed are really yummy.

I tried flax seeds but no one would eat it.

The other thing to try is trail mix instead of granola bar.