livelifelarge24

Just Need Some Support, Nobody Seems To Understand

Rate this topic

I never could have imagined the happiness & good feelings that would could from going Gluten-Free. But tge last two weeks I have been having some problems. I was taking too much Tylenol for a toothache & that was upsetting my stomach then I starting having issues with constipation again then I accidentally glutened myself big time at a BBQ. I have had stomach aches, emotional fits, headaches, Everything on & off for two weeks. It's SO devastating to me after feelin so good for so long. I literally had a countdown going of how longbit had been since I ha a stomach ache and now it feels all blown. I feel like nobody can understand not even the people I live with. I feel paranoid that my new roommate is not being careful like I've asked & somehow contaminating me. I'm afraid maybe my diagnosis was wrong in the first place & there's something more terrible wrong. I feels little crazy :( I have not been a careful as I've read I'm supposed to be as far as I went back to shampoos and such with gluten. I wonder how much little contaminations might be affecting me. I just feel so down!

• Like 1

Gluten makes me crazy. Literally. May make you crazy too.

Write yourself instructions and tape them to the walls. Seriously.

Start with "get rid of gluten products".

You just proved to yourself you're gluten intolerant.

We live by Post - It notes. "this too shall pass."

How's the toothache coming along ? don't let the dentist gluten you.

• Like 1

The toothache did go away on it's own. I wonder how long it will take to get this little bit of gluten out of my system?? I'm so miserable today!

• Like 1

I think all of us have slid down the slippery slope of wondering "Do I even have Celiac or a gluten allergy?" And we then think, "Oh I will just have one sandwich." Then yet again, we learn we are indeed intolerant of gluten, flour and wheat products, It's not in our heads, we are sick as dogs when we eat it. We can't have it. So, we run out and try to find ANYTHING that will be gluten free and delicious. Then after eating said deliciousness we feel sick again, look closely at the packaging and find the words 'contains less than 20ppm'. How unfair! We rant and rave, and then finally realize we need to be careful. VERY careful. And then it gets easier. It DOES get easier.

Since you have a roomate that may or may not be keeping the crumbs and gluten off the counters you need to grab some plastic cutting boards. This has helped me with my family, who at 5 years and husband are not as careful as they should be. I always use a clean for-me-only cutting board to lay my food on while preparing it. You can get a pack of 4 for about a dollar. They are flexable, dish washer safe, and save me lots of work (constantly scrubbing counters).

Shampoos and lip stuff/make up really do matter. I had the same mind set when I was first dxs. Then I slowly got better and getting glutened now is like a rocket going off, can't miss it. You learn more and more every day. It will become a no big deal second nature living soon. You have no alternative so chin up and here's to feeling better :)

• Like 1