Rate this topic

I am scheduled for an MRI, something doc wanted since I was having so much trouble with balance. He said he wanted to see if I had a stroke while taking a herbal cleanse product, all my symptoms at first (Feb) were being linked to the herbs. I have not been back to the doc since being on a strict gluten free diet and figured it was the glutens (or malabsorbtion from gluten) that was causing my problems.

It's my understand that that gluten damage will show up in a different part of the brain than stroke damage. My question here is if any docs have been able to help determine a diagnosis of gluten intolerance/celiac from an MRI? I have not yet had an actual diagnosis as I got too sick to make it to my celiac testing, and docs said without going thru with the testing they would not be able to help me with related symptoms. I have been on a gluten-free diet since April.

I haven't seen any articles like that. I think the patients they look at for damage are pre-determined to be gluten sensitive.

Do you have the link to that online article about mri's and brain deposits, and no mri change after 1 year? I'd love it for my files and to send to family. I HAD it, now can't find it. Grrr.

I haven't seen any articles like that. I think the patients they look at for damage are pre-determined to be gluten sensitive.

Do you have the link to that online article about mri's and brain deposits, and no mri change after 1 year? I'd love it for my files and to send to family. I HAD it, now can't find it. Grrr.

Sorry, did not save that link and could not find it in a search. However, I did find this in the process of my search and it answers my question:

http://Spammers Use This To Link To Spam.com/?Brain-And-Neurological-Problems-Affect-Almost-Half-Of-Celiacs-Even-With-A-Gluten-Free-Diet&id=904155

Thanks. Have you seen this one? http://www.gustrength.com/health:brain-and-neurological-problems-affect-celiacs

Hope your MRI goes well.

Thanks for the link, it should be interesting to see what comes of my MRI. I am really hoping that since I have been gluten free and my health has improved that maybe we can proceed in a positive direction.