Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am scheduled for an MRI, something doc wanted since I was having so much trouble with balance. He said he wanted to see if I had a stroke while taking a herbal cleanse product, all my symptoms at first (Feb) were being linked to the herbs. I have not been back to the doc since being on a strict gluten free diet and figured it was the glutens (or malabsorbtion from gluten) that was causing my problems.

It's my understand that that gluten damage will show up in a different part of the brain than stroke damage. My question here is if any docs have been able to help determine a diagnosis of gluten intolerance/celiac from an MRI? I have not yet had an actual diagnosis as I got too sick to make it to my celiac testing, and docs said without going thru with the testing they would not be able to help me with related symptoms. I have been on a gluten-free diet since April.

Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't seen any articles like that. I think the patients they look at for damage are pre-determined to be gluten sensitive.

Do you have the link to that online article about mri's and brain deposits, and no mri change after 1 year? I'd love it for my files and to send to family. I HAD it, now can't find it. Grrr.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

I haven't seen any articles like that. I think the patients they look at for damage are pre-determined to be gluten sensitive.

Do you have the link to that online article about mri's and brain deposits, and no mri change after 1 year? I'd love it for my files and to send to family. I HAD it, now can't find it. Grrr.

Sorry, did not save that link and could not find it in a search. However, I did find this in the process of my search and it answers my question:

http://Spammers Use This To Link To Spam.com/?Brain-And-Neurological-Problems-Affect-Almost-Half-Of-Celiacs-Even-With-A-Gluten-Free-Diet&id=904155

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

Thanks. Have you seen this one? http://www.gustrength.com/health:brain-and-neurological-problems-affect-celiacs

Hope your MRI goes well.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

Thanks. Have you seen this one? http://www.gustrength.com/health:brain-and-neurological-problems-affect-celiacs

Hope your MRI goes well.

Thanks for the link, it should be interesting to see what comes of my MRI. I am really hoping that since I have been gluten free and my health has improved that maybe we can proceed in a positive direction.