This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Why Good And Bad Days?

alexsami

alexsami Contributor

if my bowel movements seem better for 2 days, then they get bad again....eating the same foods....seems to me if they are better, you are improving and should only continue to get better UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

How long have you been gluten-free? If celiac disease has damaged your intestines, it may take quite a while for symptoms to completely clear up. During that time, they may "just happen" for no apparent reason. I saw immediate improvement, but it took several months for the symptoms to completely go away.

Austin Guy Contributor

Check out this thread. Don't know if will be related, but it sure helped me.

alexsami Contributor

gluten free for 3 weeks

alexsami Contributor

im 40 by the way :)

alexsami Contributor

my diet everyday

protein....eggs, boars head turkey, swiss cheese, chicken, steak, hamburger, etc...

fruits

vegetables

salad

gluten free dressing

almonds

larabars

any ideas??

drink only water

lovegrov Collaborator

Three weeks is certainly not enough time for anything close to complete healing.

And even after healing, keep this in mind -- going gluten-free doesn't magically take care of all of life's ailments. People who don't have celiac also have bowel fluctuations and problems.

richard

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alexsami Contributor

Three weeks is certainly not enough time for anything close to complete healing.

And even after healing, keep this in mind -- going gluten-free doesn't magically take care of all of life's ailments. People who don't have celiac also have bowel fluctuations and problems.

richard

my only symptoms were chronic diarrhea on and off for 5 weeks and terrible gas....awful.....just wish it would completely go away and be normal like it used to. I think what finally put me over the edge was a 4 day binge of coronas, pizza and bagels :(:( Next came a stomach flu, chills, fever, diarrhea. Chills and fever cleared up after 3 days...however diarrhea and nasty poops and gas continued and I couldn't understand why. For years I would work out in the gym and not see results i wanted.....i have always been between 110-120, and have recently got up to 134 :( I always had a feeling carbs, now I know gluten didnt sit well with me.....thanks for the info guys...I am just frustrated, nice to know I can come here. thanks again

Archived