sleer

Acceidental Glutening -- Better Than Worse

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I'm still relatively new to the gluten free lifestyle and I was glutened a week ago yesterday. I had all my regular symptoms and then I started feeling a little better on Friday only to start feeling worse again yesterday. I seem to be feeling better today but still have some of the sore throat and sinus type symptoms. Have other people experienced this see-saw effect where they know they were glutened. They have their symptoms. They seem to get better for a bit only to get worse again?

ANy input is appreciated.

yeah, I am sorry. That totally happens to me. I really wish recovery was linear and not so sigmoidal. :(

i seem to get a burst of energy and my depression lifts when i get glutened...then i feel worse.

I am going through the same thing exactly. Got glutened Sunday, finally felt better yesterday then today not only was the D back and the brain fog but I also got a slight sore throat and stuffed sinuses. it really sucks but it helps to know what the problem is, for some reason I'm able to relax more knowing Thayer eventually that gluten WILL be out of ny system.

It can take awhile to get over a glutening. Some of us get an upset tummy and then it is over, lucky them. Others like myself will get a cascade of symptoms that follow a pattern that can take a couple of weeks or a month to resolve. It can take a couple of glutenings to know what your symptom pattern is and after a long time gluten free that can change. I used to get a migraine,severe depression and balance issues and DH first then D 3 days later followed by joint muscle pain and fatigue, for example, now after 9 years on the diet I no longer get a migraine and the DH is the last thing to come not the first. I still get depression first and then D 3 days after a glutening followed by a couple weeks of joint and muscle pain.

Hopefully you will be feeling better soon.