desperate

Burt's Bees Lip Balm

Rate this topic

I just called the Burt's Bees customer service at 1-888-308-0130 to ask if their Honey Lip Balm is gluten free and the customer service agent said "Yes it is gluten free". I then asked her the source of the tocopherol and she said "It is derived from corn". I don't have any issues with corn. Is it safe to believe what these customer service agents say? I can believe her right? Should I continue using the lip balm?

I've never had any issues with Burts Bees, I don't have DH...just plain old celaic, I think it's safe!

I've never had any issues with Burts Bees, I don't have DH...just plain old celaic, I think it's safe!

BB will clearly list any form of gluten, in readable print. B)

I called Burt's Bees about their Lip Shimmers last week because I was having a reaction to something and the lipstick was the only thing new I had added. The representative said that she could not say they were gluten free. I asked her in several different ways and at the end of the conversation she said again, "We cannot say that any of our products are gluten free!". I read elsewhere on here that other people were told differently though. Has anyone else had a reaction to Burt's Bees lip products?

I called Burt's Bees tonight and they also told me that they no longer claim any of their products to be gluten free.

I called Burt's Bees tonight and they also told me that they no longer claim any of their products to be gluten free.

I may be wrong, but I believe that I have heard that B's B was sold and under a new company. That might explain the new CYA statement.

It does list soybean oil and canola oil, which some people may be sensitive to.

They still list all the ingredients very clearly on the ingredient listing. I have no issue with their lip balm.

Im looking for something for my cracking lips. Do men actually use this too or is it pretty much a woman's product?

Im looking for something for my cracking lips. Do men actually use this too or is it pretty much a woman's product?

Do real men use Chapstick? I think so! :) I love Burt's Bee's with honey and I won't tell anyone Silencio if you use it too....promise! B)

haha well I was just thinking im not sure I want to go around smelling like honey

haha well I was just thinking im not sure I want to go around smelling like honey

hummm....you never know what it might attract? B) It really has no scent, they have plain balms as well. Ingredients are clearly listed in "real" words.