jasonD2

Should I Go For A Physical?

Rate this topic

been feeling pretty good lately however i havent been as super strict with my diet as i normally am. mainly cause i am dating a new woman and i feel very uninhibited with her and i have been a bit more open about going to different restaurants...i always tell the server i have gluten problems but im sure i probably got a few cc's here and there. i feel pretty good though.

anyway i have a physical coming up and i am concerned that my bloodwork may not be an accurate representation of my health since i have been a little more free with food lately. should i hold off until i normalize my diet again or just go? in the past i had a slightly elevated liver ALT enzyme and the cause was never determined, so i am a little worried about that. not sure if its gluten related or something else.

any thoughts?

been feeling pretty good lately however i havent been as super strict with my diet as i normally am. mainly cause i am dating a new woman and i feel very uninhibited with her and i have been a bit more open about going to different restaurants...i always tell the server i have gluten problems but im sure i probably got a few cc's here and there. i feel pretty good though.

anyway i have a physical coming up and i am concerned that my bloodwork may not be an accurate representation of my health since i have been a little more free with food lately. should i hold off until i normalize my diet again or just go? in the past i had a slightly elevated liver ALT enzyme and the cause was never determined, so i am a little worried about that. not sure if its gluten related or something else.

any thoughts?

Just go and get the bloodwork done. That way if everything is normal you know you are doing a good enough job and can continue to relax. If you're antibodies come back elevated then you know you need to knuckle down again and be more careful.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the above. Get the physical. It's really best to get a baseline reading on things when you are behaving normally. If things turn out well then you will know you can continue enjoying a variety of meals out. Otherwise you will know you need to be stricter about where you dine. Plus your new lady will likely be more understanding if you can say my bloodwork wasn't as good as the doctor expected and he says I need to be more careful.

• Upvote 1