sleer

Gluten And Candida - Is There A Connection?

Rate this topic

I've been trying to research this for a while now (well since I found out my issues were related to gluten) and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on the subject. I've found some conflicting reports and quite frankly my Dr. was pretty dismissive of the idea of candida anyway. The reason I question it is because I seem to get the feminine infections (or at least the itching part of them) when I've been glutened. It subsides if I can maintain a substantial period of time without gluten but is one of the longer lasting symptoms. I don't see anything that gives that particular issue as a potential side-effect/symptom of gluten allergy/celiac. I have even found myself doubting if what I have is gluten-related or an overgrowth of candida. Then I wondered if they were related in anyway (truth be told the candida overgrowth possibility scares me).

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would appreciate hearing them. Or if anyone has similar symptoms due to gluten that'd be great.

I've been trying to research this for a while now (well since I found out my issues were related to gluten) and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on the subject. I've found some conflicting reports and quite frankly my Dr. was pretty dismissive of the idea of candida anyway. The reason I question it is because I seem to get the feminine infections (or at least the itching part of them) when I've been glutened. It subsides if I can maintain a substantial period of time without gluten but is one of the longer lasting symptoms. I don't see anything that gives that particular issue as a potential side-effect/symptom of gluten allergy/celiac. I have even found myself doubting if what I have is gluten-related or an overgrowth of candida. Then I wondered if they were related in anyway (truth be told the candida overgrowth possibility scares me).

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would appreciate hearing them. Or if anyone has similar symptoms due to gluten that'd be great.

Here's a list of over 300 associated symptoms: http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorders/celiac-disease/symptom-guide/

Vaginitis is listed under the female reproductive system symptoms. Unless you are also low carb when on a gluten free diet, candida would be fed by other food you eat with carbs and sugar. Candida is also not just yeast infection of your privates it is systemic can affect your whole body. You would likely have lots of other un-explained symptoms besides just the feminine itching. I suspected candia before I figured out my main problem was gluten (but due to other symptoms not vaginitis). I cut out all sugars and carbs for 1 month (no grains, no potatoes or other starchy veg, no beans, no fruit except tart berries, no sugar except honey used sparingly, no cheese or milk products, etc) then I added things back in one new thing per week. All the sources I read on candida said that carbs/sugar should bring back my symptoms if I had a candida infection. The only things that brought on symptoms however were gluten grains, milk and soy (all different symptoms). So I knew for sure candida was not my problem. I think there is likely a gluten connection if you only get these infections when consuming gluten and not when consuming other types of carbs.