livelifelarge24

How Long Does It Last When You Get "glutened"?

Rate this topic

I'm an idiot & took a drink of my boyfriends beer instead of my own on Sunday. I have been miserable ever since! Mood issues, brain fog, diarrhea, trouble sleeping... I thought I was feeling better this morning but now I'm back to the toilet again. Is this all from one swig of beer? Cause it's been 3 days and my stomach feels worse today than it did a couple days ago. Or have I maybe gotten into something else bad now? I just want this misery to end.

It lasts from about a week up to 3 depending on what I had. I hope you feel better soon,

Thank you, me too. Other times when I've accidentally ingested a tiny amount I've only been affected 2-4 days. I guess for the amount I got this time it figures I would feel it longer.

I've only been glutened once, three weeks after starting the diet. It lasted about 4 days. My symptoms were neurologic and not gastric.

At least a week. I am 6 years gluten free and it still happens as I am ridiculously sensitive. Drinking lots of water and finding time to lie down is all that helps.

Good health to you!

lisa

Agree with oceangirl, at least a week, probably two, although everyone is different. I tell you a good thing to do which never occurred to me but am glad I did:- write a daily diary of how you feel. I think my mean length of being nailed was 15 days but it was fascinating reading it back, it meant the next time I knew what to expect and also when I lost track of things I could trace roughly where I was in the "being glutened" timeline (i.e. how long til it goes away!!).

That a great idea to keep track of it, especially because my worst symptoms are the brain fog and emotional symptoms. They get me so confused sometimes I don't know up from down.