Rate this topic

So this is a little different type of question, but I think you guys might be able to help as well since you are a boat load of information!

My sister works in a day care and one of her infants is soy and dairy free. She is just introducing foods to the baby and was looking for some good baby starter foods that fit these two because she is running out of ideas and asked me for help. However I am only gluten-free. She CAN have gluten. I know that we all are focused on gluten free here, but I thought that I might be able to get some ideas from you guys who are dairy and soy free to help her.

Any ideas are appreciated!

How old is the baby?

Banana, avocado, mushy carrots, mushy apples.

Have the parents asked for the daycare to do this? Babies don't "need" anything but breastmilk or formula till they are about 1 and even then it is most of the nutrition they get. As a parent of kids with food allergies, I would NEVER have anyone but DH or I feed my kids. There is a specific way most allergists say to introduce new foods in a child who has already shown symptoms of allergies.

She's an infant, about a year. My sister works at a "fancy" day care so they do a lot of accommodations. Thanks for the ideas!

I agree totally with StephanieL. If they already know the baby has food allergies they shouldn't introduce anything else at daycare. BUT if they are doing it, whole foods would be the best bet. Avocados, bananas, apples, squash, basically fruits and veggies. I wouldn't add cereals or anything with additives of any kind.