Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freeatlast

Banana Lemon Loaf

Anyone tried this? I've printed it out and will try it. Was searching for a non-chocolate dessert. Hope it turns out.

http://johndlee.hubpages.com/hub/Gluten_free_banana_lemon_loaf_The_best_ever_gluten_free_recipe

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One comment was she deleted the bananas and added a little more lemon dash (what is that? more lemon juice?) and it tasted exactly like Starbuck's lemon pound cake.

Wouldn't that mess up the consistency to take the bananas out? I need to go to cooking school to learn things like this in my "spare" time, lol :)

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Anyone tried this? I've printed it out and will try it. Was searching for a non-chocolate dessert. Hope it turns out.

http://johndlee.hubpages.com/hub/Gluten_free_banana_lemon_loaf_The_best_ever_gluten_free_recipe

I made this using all rice flour (I have a severe taste aversion to buckwheat) and it is fantastic! the recipe made 2 loaves, and I only used the lemon glaze on one....the other loaf turned out like a "regular" banana bread and even fooled my son, who had multiple slices with nutella on it.

I did think it was a wee bit "buttery" and would cut down on the butter next time I make it. (It was a little too oily tasting...too rich)

celiac/gluten intolerance diagnosed in July of 2010

hemochromatosis (genetic iron storage disorder) diagnosed at the same time. The two diseases have been linked in studies.

also have atrial fibrillation, and poor weight gain.

diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4/2011.

gluten free since july 2010.

investigating other food sensitivities daily!

I made this using all rice flour (I have a severe taste aversion to buckwheat) and it is fantastic! the recipe made 2 loaves, and I only used the lemon glaze on one....the other loaf turned out like a "regular" banana bread and even fooled my son, who had multiple slices with nutella on it.

I did think it was a wee bit "buttery" and would cut down on the butter next time I make it. (It was a little too oily tasting...too rich)

Thanks for the feedback! Some of the others who commented on the blog said they reduced the butter, as well. I like your idea of two loaf pans instead of one. How much did you cut back on the bake time?