freeatlast

Banana Lemon Loaf

Rate this topic

One comment was she deleted the bananas and added a little more lemon dash (what is that? more lemon juice?) and it tasted exactly like Starbuck's lemon pound cake.

Wouldn't that mess up the consistency to take the bananas out? I need to go to cooking school to learn things like this in my "spare" time, lol :)

Anyone tried this? I've printed it out and will try it. Was searching for a non-chocolate dessert. Hope it turns out.

http://johndlee.hubpages.com/hub/Gluten_free_banana_lemon_loaf_The_best_ever_gluten_free_recipe

I made this using all rice flour (I have a severe taste aversion to buckwheat) and it is fantastic! the recipe made 2 loaves, and I only used the lemon glaze on one....the other loaf turned out like a "regular" banana bread and even fooled my son, who had multiple slices with nutella on it.

I did think it was a wee bit "buttery" and would cut down on the butter next time I make it. (It was a little too oily tasting...too rich)

I made this using all rice flour (I have a severe taste aversion to buckwheat) and it is fantastic! the recipe made 2 loaves, and I only used the lemon glaze on one....the other loaf turned out like a "regular" banana bread and even fooled my son, who had multiple slices with nutella on it.

I did think it was a wee bit "buttery" and would cut down on the butter next time I make it. (It was a little too oily tasting...too rich)

Thanks for the feedback! Some of the others who commented on the blog said they reduced the butter, as well. I like your idea of two loaf pans instead of one. How much did you cut back on the bake time?