Schatz

Help Needed Now!

Rate this topic

I've eaten gluten on accident. I already feel it starting.

I read in a book on celiac that taking metamucil can help get it out of your system faster. Is this true? If that's the case would taking the anti-diarrhea have the opposite effect?

I do not want to up all night sick!

Please help!

I have nothing for you since I don't get GI issues at all. The only thing I've heard is that lots of water helps, but I don't think it'll stop the inevitable reaction. :( So sorry!

Some people say charcoal tablets help, available without an rx. Same with probiotics and digestive enzymes.

Why was I so stupid?

I used an open jar of mayo at my parents' house to make noodle salad. Stupid! I didn't even think about it. I thought I was being so careful.

I feel like an idiot.

I've sent my husband out for metamucil and culturelle. It can't hurt me to try.

Don't feel stupid. I recently put THREE slices of Udi's bread (and you KNOW how expensive that is!) into the toaster when my DH asked me, "What are you doing?" And, I'm like, "Toasting my bread." DUH! And he's like, "um, shouldn't you be using the other toaster?"

I had to throw them out. Freakin' A!! Had it not been for him, I would have glutened myself. I've reached to finish off my daughter's dinner only to realize that we used the glutened butter to her plate. Luckily, I realized it BEFORE I put it in my mouth, but NOT before mixing it all with my own dinner. It's just too easy to make such mistakes.

Hopefully, it's not enough to make you terribly ill.