Pie Lover

Bad Breath?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago after several years of stomach problems which became severe in the last year. Ever since the diagnosis I've been careful about avoiding gluten, but for a few weeks my husband has been complaining that my breath smells like pepperoni- a food I can't stand and haven't touched in many years. I am meticulous about oral hygiene and always make sure to floss, brush, and rinse and gargle with Listerine. His last complaint came immediately after an especially rigorous gargle. I plan to see a dentist to rule out tooth decay, but I suspect the stomach is the culprit. Any info on this? It's horribly embarrassing!

Have you been checked for H PYLORI ??? It can give one a severe case of Bad Breath...

Lactose intolerance is typical in people with celiac disease, starting out. Lactose intolerance can affect the breath. You might want to try cutting out dairy products until your gluten free diet is under control and your intestines are healed. I drink almond milk and eat goat cheese :)

yep, if it's not in your teeth, it's in your digestive tract somewhere. Did you have an endoscopy? Did they notice any inflammation or erosion?

My breath (and body odor) is directly related to what I eat. Cheese and sugar both make it awful. It's not like pepperoni, though.