pricklypear1971

King Arthur Flour

Rate this topic

I've made a few gluten-free baked goods, primarily using King Arthur gluten-free mix. Am I crazy or are the actual cooking times 2x the recipe times? It's hard for me to judge since i just moved to a new house with a new oven... It's driving me nuts!

Help!

Is the oven set right? I'm asking because my mom had this problem, couldn't figure out why, decided to get an oven thermometer and lo and behold it was waaaaay off what it should have been.

I don't know-I need to get a new thermometer and check. I just didn't know if it's a gluten-free thing.

Just a random thought :)

The others will probably know why that happened (i don't do much baking).

Definitely get an oven thermometer and see if your oven temperature is accurate. I had that problem until I purchased a thermometer and found out my oven was off by about 20 degrees. Once I compensated for that, my baking times are pretty much where they should be.

I've made a few gluten-free baked goods, primarily using King Arthur gluten-free mix. Am I crazy or are the actual cooking times 2x the recipe times? It's hard for me to judge since i just moved to a new house with a new oven... It's driving me nuts!

Help!

I've used gluten free King Arthur many times and have always had excellent results.

Sounds like it might be your oven. I have used KAF and I've always followed the recipes with the time they gave and things turn out great.