This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Hello Everyone!

PainfulSpaghetti

PainfulSpaghetti Newbie

I wanted to finally officially introduce myself, as I have been posting and have been neglecting to do so. I'm Kelly, I'm 37 and live in VA. I just this year finally realized it was the Gluten trying to do me in after being so sick I thought I would die. Having stroke like episodes and visting doctor after doctor.

Being told by my Insurance company that I was too sick to apply for more Life Insurance was my eye opener that I needed to figure it out and quickly.

Much research later, after taking everything artificial from my diet, I finally took out the gluten, and I'm betetr! Better is a vast improvement over what I was I can tell you! Writing helps, as does a good sense of humor. I try to stay positive, be happy and keep smiling. Sometimes I even succeed!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cougie23 Explorer

I wanted to finally officially introduce myself, as I have been posting and have been neglecting to do so. I'm Kelly, I'm 37 and live in VA. I just this year finally realized it was the Gluten trying to do me in after being so sick I thought I would die. Having stroke like episodes and visting doctor after doctor.

Being told by my Insurance company that I was too sick to apply for more Life Insurance was my eye opener that I needed to figure it out and quickly.

Much research later, after taking everything artificial from my diet, I finally took out the gluten, and I'm betetr! Better is a vast improvement over what I was I can tell you! Writing helps, as does a good sense of humor. I try to stay positive, be happy and keep smiling. Sometimes I even succeed!

Hi painful sphagetti...I'm cougie23,I'm new too!! :D

Had to say HI...102 veiws and noone can say HI!....come on people!!! any way ...HI!!!! :P

I toataly hear you I've been suffreing fo years and taken so many tests and bloodwork and things that I actually have freckles where they've stuck the needle over the years...but all the DR's where searching in the wrong direction!I've been tortured with all sorts of Nerological tests (those tests are inhuman and would be concidered torture if done anywhere but under medical conditions!!!) :angry: I spent a few years on cruches (the pain was so bad)...I've had trouble with my hearing/eyesight...I have all maner on pain and numbness/tingling/sometimes compleate absence of feeling(thats allways fun when suddenly you are walking down the street and it feels like half your foot is missing(the toes one/or all)!!! I mean..compleatly gone...not just numg or tingly(but I get that too! or you just finish cooking a meal for company and as your bringing it to the table ...your hands suddenly don't work any more and release...and everything you just spent hours on is now on the floor in frount on your guest!!! oh yeah that was a memorable one!!! ;) Not to mention the brain fog...ocacoanal stuttering(when you've never stuttered in your life!!!this is a new problem)...fainting...swollen lympnodes..asthma..extreame sensitivity to touch in areas like the palms,arms knees wrists ,legs(put a pressure cuff on my arm or leg and I go through the ceiling!!!the latest...just before I was finally diagnosed was Chest pains,dizziness,light sensetiviy,motion sensetivity,severe arm pains(like being caught in a bear trap..litterly!!!) that was the first trip to the hospital...Anxiety and a bottle of zanex (because my heart was fine and they couldn't be bothered to look any further).

then 3 weeks later and certainly more symptoms later...I had a severe sezure( it was like being wrapped as tight as phyicicly possible in seran wrap over your entire body and then being put in a giant presure cuff and being squeezed till your brain litteraly feels like its going to pop out of the top of your skull!!! on top of that I was uncontrollably flopping around like iI was being teasered!!! it was rolling in waves and I had no controll but I could hear myself screaming IT HURTS>>IT HURTS!!! and the paramedics just looked at me!!! and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital? I was barley aware i was in so much pain!!!(this made child birth look like childs play!!! and that was exruciating!!!I don't even remember being put in the ambulance...I do remember them asking if I could walk outside to the gurny!! stupid idiots!!!I said no and they picked me up lifting me with my bed sheet1 then droped me on the floor of the living room to get a better grip to take me outside!when I got to the hospital I was screaming and uncontrollably flopping around again...so they gave me a powerful seditive and when the DR. fially showed up there was nothing to see...so she said it was either anxiety or MS...and sent me home with more zanex!!!(to prevent sesures.)..but the next DR. I saw the neuroligist rudely asked if I wanted to see a shrink instead ...I asked why would she say that and she said it was for anxiety and that I didn't have MS(she hadn't even tested me111)

long story short...I finally found the right doctor, got the right tests(and the nerologist wasn't the woman who diagnosed me by the way!) and am now on the way to recovery....fustrated...as you can see...but on the road to recovery( and definatly a lifestyle change)!!!! so hang in there...and WELCOME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cougie23 Explorer

Hi painful sphagetti...I'm cougie23,I'm new too!! :D

Had to say HI...102 veiws and noone can say HI!....come on people!!! any way ...HI!!!! :P

I toataly hear you I've been suffreing fo years and taken so many tests and bloodwork and things that I actually have freckles where they've stuck the needle over the years...but all the DR's where searching in the wrong direction!I've been tortured with all sorts of Nerological tests (those tests are inhuman and would be concidered torture if done anywhere but under medical conditions!!!) :angry: I spent a few years on cruches (the pain was so bad)...I've had trouble with my hearing/eyesight...I have all maner on pain and numbness/tingling/sometimes compleate absence of feeling(thats allways fun when suddenly you are walking down the street and it feels like half your foot is missing(the toes one/or all)!!! I mean..compleatly gone...not just numg or tingly(but I get that too! or you just finish cooking a meal for company and as your bringing it to the table ...your hands suddenly don't work any more and release...and everything you just spent hours on is now on the floor in frount on your guest!!! oh yeah that was a memorable one!!! ;) Not to mention the brain fog...ocacoanal stuttering(when you've never stuttered in your life!!!this is a new problem)...fainting...swollen lympnodes..asthma..extreame sensitivity to touch in areas like the palms,arms knees wrists ,legs(put a pressure cuff on my arm or leg and I go through the ceiling!!!the latest...just before I was finally diagnosed was Chest pains,dizziness,light sensetiviy,motion sensetivity,severe arm pains(like being caught in a bear trap..litterly!!!) that was the first trip to the hospital...Anxiety and a bottle of zanex (because my heart was fine and they couldn't be bothered to look any further).

then 3 weeks later and certainly more symptoms later...I had a severe sezure( it was like being wrapped as tight as phyicicly possible in seran wrap over your entire body and then being put in a giant presure cuff and being squeezed till your brain litteraly feels like its going to pop out of the top of your skull!!! on top of that I was uncontrollably flopping around like iI was being teasered!!! it was rolling in waves and I had no controll but I could hear myself screaming IT HURTS>>IT HURTS!!! and the paramedics just looked at me!!! and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital? I was barley aware i was in so much pain!!!(this made child birth look like childs play!!! and that was exruciating!!!I don't even remember being put in the ambulance...I do remember them asking if I could walk outside to the gurny!! stupid idiots!!!I said no and they picked me up lifting me with my bed sheet1 then droped me on the floor of the living room to get a better grip to take me outside!when I got to the hospital I was screaming and uncontrollably flopping around again...so they gave me a powerful seditive and when the DR. fially showed up there was nothing to see...so she said it was either anxiety or MS...and sent me home with more zanex!!!(to prevent sesures.)..but the next DR. I saw the neuroligist rudely asked if I wanted to see a shrink instead ...I asked why would she say that and she said it was for anxiety and that I didn't have MS(she hadn't even tested me111)

long story short...I finally found the right doctor, got the right tests(and the nerologist wasn't the woman who diagnosed me by the way!) and am now on the way to recovery....fustrated...as you can see...but on the road to recovery( and definatly a lifestyle change)!!!! so hang in there...and WELCOME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dam typo's I swear I corrected those so why did they show up anyway!!!

But seriously...enough about me...how are you!! don't be discouraged we all have both different and at the same times common symptoms and we're all in this together...dispite the typo's!!glad you introduced yourself!

All these veiws and no replies...come on guys don't be voyers...say hello to the Newbies and not just painful speghetti...but the other Newbies reaching out as well!!! the moderators get busy...we're a handfull with all our questions...you others can help too...think of what it would of been like if you reached out for the first time and noone answered back!!! just saying!

love2travel Mentor

Welcome to all the newcomers I've missed greeting. Much of my time here is spent on the food threads but thought I should widen my territory today. :lol:

My diagnosis came to a surprise for me as I did not feel sick eating gluten at all. A family member was diagnosed as gluten intolerant so I requested bloodwork. Well, I did not even consider having it. In fact, I was so much in denial that I did my gluten challenge for three months to get my definitive diagnosis via biopsies. That proved to me once and for all I have celiac. That was in February and I have been strictly gluten free ever since. Just recently I found I had to eliminate dairy as it started bothering me. But as a MAJOR foodie I hope to reintroduce it back into my diet in a few months.

My husband and I have a house in Croatia - we LOVE traveling and eating in various countries. Celiac does definitely present its challenges especially in social situations. Another passion of mine is cooking and I teach cooking classes (now gluten-free classes). And I love to bake which is a blessing because I rarely need to buy products because I do everything from scratch myself. Our town has very little awareness - no restaurants here are safe for me - thank goodness I love to cook!

PainfulSpaghetti Newbie

Thank You so much for your replies! I am so happy to meet you! Cougie, your story is so similar to m ine, I am so sorry you have had to suffer so much! It is terrifying when your body doesn't do what you tell it, and does things you didn't. I wish you all the luck in the world!

cougie23 Explorer

Thank You so much for your replies! I am so happy to meet you! Cougie, your story is so similar to m ine, I am so sorry you have had to suffer so much! It is terrifying when your body doesn't do what you tell it, and does things you didn't. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Glad to meet you to Kelly...I'm really tired...we'll talk more later! :D:D:D

Archived