This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How/why Did You Choose Your Member Name?

love2travel

kareng Grand Master

actually its very original...do you know its "orgins"?

Is it pronounced the way its spelled?

Have you EVER met anyone ELSE with your name...inquiring minds want to know...LOL! :D

Actually, I have had several people ask me if I was trying a take off on Karen & Caring.

Like Peter said, the G is my last name. Someone who knows me would figure out who I am. Not very anonymous.

Wish I had thought of Cougie! I love Mt Lions!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Harpgirl Explorer

Hi, Cougie,

She pronounces it KAren. The 'g' is the first letter of her last name.

My screen name is the reverse. It is the first letter of my given name, followed by my surname. This form is common in computer systems, and that is my background.

I only know of 3 other registered members here whose names follow the convention that I used. Remarkably, I have met two of them in person. Go figure.

Everytime I see your name, I think of a fellow I used to work with who shares your surname but was named Tom. His parents were big Twain fans. :D

cougie23 Explorer

Actually, I have had several people ask me if I was trying a take off on Karen & Caring.

Like Peter said, the G is my last name. Someone who knows me would figure out who I am. Not very anonymous.

Wish I had thought of Cougie! I love Mt Lions!

Yeah I was wondering if it was a take off on Kar-ing myself...I'm not around computer people that much...so I didn't catch that...but it seems so obvious now!!! :blink::lol: I did figure peters out right away... ;) ..especialy since he signs...Peter! LOL

Cougie is my nick name...my husband introduces me as cougie...cougar...or "The Cougar"...LOL! Its real funny when he does that in the grocery store! or to my 21 yr. old sons friends..now they sometimes joke about it too! He said he was tired of my name...and started calling me rediculous stuff like Mildred..Gertrude...Milfners....just to make fun! My girlfriend started calling me Milfners too...!!! Then on one of my more moody days...he said YOUR a COUGAR!!! He tells people its not because I chase young men...LOL..(even though he's 9 months younger than me..and teases me about it all the time)...its because shes always ready to pounce and rip your arm off...LOL!!! Better watch out...shes a cougar!!!

That and I love rare steak..the bloodier the better...iron deficiency you know!!! lol

:D:D:D The funny thing is I can so realate and feel like a cougar at times. when I mess up on something..Its ..."silly cougar",...or"Bad cougar"!!! LOL :rolleyes:

You have to remember...we've been married a Loooooooong time...and have known each other even longer('76)!!! :P

Goof Rookie

So you can see from my pic I'm a guitar player. Though I'm not playing it in the pic, my favorite guitar to play is my Gibson Les Paul (2003 Standard, slim 60's neck, Cherry Burst finish, for the fellow guitar players who want to geek out with me. B) )

Goof was my nickname in school. It started when I wore a Disney Goofy hat to "Crazy hat day" as a freshman in marching band. The instructor didn't know my name yet, so he started calling me Goof. It stuck, and whenever I would walk into a party after that, I would be greeted by "Gooooooooof" Ah, the good old days...

bartfull Rising Star

Goof, I used to have a 1968 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty. I traded it away for a Gibson acoustic many years ago. I play a Guild CE100D jazzbox now. (Well, actually I have 14 guitars not counting the ones for sale, but most are acoustic.)

And something just occurred to me - running a music store as I do, I have to be careful about washing my hands after playing any of the guitars on the wall in case some customer eats a sandwich and then plays one of my guitars.

• 2 weeks later...
Celiac Ninja Enthusiast

Love2travel is pretty self explanatory but others are not so obvious. This has piqued my curiosity for ages. Do some of you mind sharing what made you choose your member name and what it means? :P

My funny nerdy fiancee is always wearing goofy t-shirts and watching the worst filmed movies he can find just to laugh at them. Somehow the worse they are the funier they are. So I picked something he would roll his eyes at everytime I metion what the "celiac ninja" did today. hehe :) We are computer graphic artists (aka Media Arts and Animation freelance artists) so nerd is our middle name.

kareng Grand Master

My funny nerdy fiancee is always wearing goofy t-shirts and watching the worst filmed movies he can find just to laugh at them. Somehow the worse they are the funier they are. So I picked something he would roll his eyes at everytime I metion what the "celiac ninja" did today. hehe :) We are computer graphic artists (aka Media Arts and Animation freelance artists) so nerd is our middle name.

That's too funny!

We will be expecting a great avatar, given your credentials! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

My sister and I would stay up until the wee hours of the morning making baked goods and watching old movies. Some were pretty cheesy about the way they went about far east and indian accents. So at about 3 AM we just slap happy. Just one of the words that stuck. mom mie dah not really mom mida

Harpgirl Explorer

My sister and I would stay up until the wee hours of the morning making baked goods and watching old movies. Some were pretty cheesy about the way they went about far east and indian accents. So at about 3 AM we just slap happy. Just one of the words that stuck. mom mie dah not really mom mida

This sort of reminded me...

My cousin and I use to make up funny words when we were kids. Rimbobadoobee and cliberdipple were a couple of my faves. Terapoothamite set her laughing so hard that she fell backwards out of her chair. :lol:

DakotaRN Newbie

I have lived in North Dakota all my life and I am a Registered Nurse. So that's how I choose my name DakotaRN.

• 4 weeks later...
Live Love Twillight Rookie

a really popular thing to say is "Live Love Laugh" or "Peace Love Happieness" junk like that,,,,,,n i used 2 B uber obssesive about twilight n so i replaced one of the words with twilight. i dont feel like making a new account but if i were to change the name it would probably b "Crapablity" a YouTube username i made out of neccestity of one not consitsing of random letters and numbers, or something haviing 2 do w/ ninjas!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
IrishHeart Veteran

When I met my husband (who is Irish American) I proudly told him my mixed bag of ethnicity (Armenian, French Canadian, German and 1/8th Irish) We both mentioned we wished to travel to Ireland sometime.

Fast forward... we married and spent our honeymoon in IRELAND. It was a magical, romantic, and moving experience. We saw where our grandparents came from and we both felt a connection with the land. It was the most amazing 17 days of my life. We have returned three more times and wish we could retire there. We love Ireland that much.

Each time, I have been asked for directions in some remote place (apparently, I LOOK like I belong there :lol:) I honestly felt sad and cried as we departed Shannon Airport the first time, feeling like I was leaving "home". I told hubby I felt like I was leaving a piece of my heart there. I thought, if there is only 1/8 of me that is Irish, it must be my heart.

Korwyn Explorer

Mine is a foreign language (to me) variation on my real name. Kinda boring but not surprise. :) My oldest son (stepson) says that before I got married to his mom I was a stick in the mud, but now I'm just a stick. :lol:

bartfull Rising Star

When I met my husband (who is Irish American) I proudly told him my mixed bag of ethnicity (Armenian, French Canadian, German and 1/8th Irish) We both mentioned we wished to travel to Ireland sometime.

Fast forward... we married and spent our honeymoon in IRELAND. It was a magical, romantic, and moving experience. We saw where our grandparents came from and we both felt a connection with the land. It was the most amazing 17 days of my life. We have returned three more times and wish we could retire there. We love Ireland that much.

Each time, I have been asked for directions in some remote place (apparently, I LOOK like I belong there :lol:) I honestly felt sad and cried as we departed Shannon Airport the first time, feeling like I was leaving "home". I told hubby I felt like I was leaving a piece of my heart there. I thought, if there is only 1/8 of me that is Irish, it must be my heart.

What a beautiful story! Isn't it great when you find your true home? I think a lot of people never do find it. I think a lot of people never even realize that where they live isn't "home". That's the way I was until the first time I came to the Black Hills. I knew INSTANTLY that this is where I belong. It took 18 years before I was able to actually move here, but it was worth the wait. I hope the same will hold true for you, and that once you've retired and moved to Ireland, it is even better than you expected.

IrishHeart Veteran

What a beautiful story! Isn't it great when you find your true home? I think a lot of people never do find it. I think a lot of people never even realize that where they live isn't "home". That's the way I was until the first time I came to the Black Hills. I knew INSTANTLY that this is where I belong. It took 18 years before I was able to actually move here, but it was worth the wait. I hope the same will hold true for you, and that once you've retired and moved to Ireland, it is even better than you expected.

Thanks. The Irish people are the most accomodating and hospitable and I felt an eerie connection to the land. I was at peace. Hard to explain, but it sounds like you "get it" :) (and it's a very celiac-friendly place to live!)

You never know where life will lead you and.....That's the best part!! :)

Katrala Contributor

FarScape.

Katrala and Clavor (brother / sister) were minor characters, appearing on 1 episode in the middle of the series.

I typically dislike SciFi (I've never seen any of the Star Wars,) but I loved this show.

love2travel Mentor

I so agree! Where I live in Canada certainly is not home - I do not think of it as such. However, Croatia is where my heart is. My sense of belonging there is intense. When my husband and I talk about "home" we both mean Croatia and can hardly wait until we can make our move. :D

Archived