Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlequeenie3

Using Pampered Chef Stoneware-Safe Or Not?!

I have a great pampered chef stoneware baker that has been used prior to diagnosis. Ive heard mixed things about whether it is safe to use for Gluten free cooking without risk of CC. Does anyone have any info on this? Would be a big help, dont want to throw it out if I don't have too. Still getting used to all the ins and outs, was diagnosed june 29. 2011.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I personally would not risk it since the stone is porous and absorbs things with use. Get yourself a new one and gift that one to a friend or family member that doesn't have to eat gluten-free.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I use my Pampered Chef pizza stone all the time that's been used for gluten foods. I just put my pizza on a piece of parchment paper and still enjoy the crispness of the stone.

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

I use my Pampered Chef pizza stone all the time that's been used for gluten foods. I just put my pizza on a piece of parchment paper and still enjoy the crispness of the stone.

Hasn't bothered me either. I use parchment too! But sometimes not and it has never bothered my daughter who is super

sensitive.

Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland