heyteacher

Not Sure....help

Rate this topic

I apologize if this is a repeat. I typed a post yesterday, but I don't see it here, so I will try again.

I have what I think are symptoms of celiac disease. For the past 3 years i have had diarrhea after most meals (on several occasions I had had accidents when I couldn't get to a restroom quick enough), migraines, joint pain, bloating/stomach pain. I have been told it's IBS and/or fibromyalgia. Which it could be, however I am left to wonder why a dr has not looked into testing for celiac disease. I have just recently started to wonder about it after stumbling across some information accidently.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if there was anyone here with any thoughts for me. Thanks so much for your help. Again sorry if this is repeated information, I'm new to any type of forum and not sure what or how to do this :)

The first thing you need to do is to get a full celiac panel done. Tell your doctor that you want one done. You do sound like you are in the right place.

Do not go gluten free until all your testing is finished as that will give you a false negative. There can be false negatives even on a full gluten diet so after all testing related to celiac is finished then give the diet a try. You don't need to wait for the results. Read as much as you can here and ask any others questions you need to.

Welcome! Glad you found the information about what gluten can do. It certainly sounds like you will benefit from going gluten free. Keep reading, there is a lot to know, but if this is your problem, you will be feeling so much better soon!

Hello :) I also think it's worth going to a doctor and requesting a full celiac panel. Once you explore that side of things, and if your results are negative, then you can always try a gluten free diet. It sounds like it may well benefit you! Good luck. I look forward to following your journey x