blumpkin

Kinnikinnick Donuts - What's Your Fav?

Rate this topic

I tried their maple donuts today and was pleased. Are there any duds? They all look good.

I absolutely love their cinnamon-sugar donuts! They taste just like the ones my mom used to make. I tried their maple ones and got a horrible migraine--I'm assuming that they must use grapefruit juice in their recipe for that one. I react with a migraine with even a touch of grapefruit present.

Chocolate covered for me! I didn't even bother to try the others. :lol:

Chocolate covered for sure. The maple ones were too sweet for me and I also got a headache (I figured it was the sugar rush). I have not seen vanilla and not tried the cinnamon.

• Upvote 1

Cinnamon sugar ones are my favorite. I tried the chocolate covered ones and wasn't impressed. The chocolate gave me indigestion.

None of them impress me even a little bit. But then I am used to homemade puffy, light yeast doughnuts rather than cake doughnuts which are unpopular here on the prairies. I yearn for one of those - they are impossible to make gluten-free. But for what the K doughnutsy are and intended to be (which is not puffy yeasty) they deliver. It is strictly a personal taste preference thing. :)

We live only 300 miles from the Kinnikinnick head office and plant and pick up a few things from there but not the bread, bagels, English muffins - that stuff is just plain gross! But it is so wonderful to see this company striving to do what it can in this market and they do have tons of products. Perhaps one day they will discover the secret to truly yummy puffy yeast doughnuts. :P Then I will return and stock up like crazy!

In their wee fresh bakery section they have some very good lemon meringue pie. Now THAT I love! :D