Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liz0324

Wendys

Cant speak for Canada but in the US, the would be in viloation of health dept rules if they tired that. I know this from all the stupid training they made me take to get my permit to be a short order cook way back when I used to do that. I assume Canada would be the same.

Its just another myth...

Cant speak for Canada but in the US, the would be in viloation of health dept rules if they tired that.
Just because they aren't supposed to do something doesn't mean that it isn't done. I've worked in a fast food place and without giving any details there were some questionable things going on sometimes and I would definately never trust anything in a fast food place to be 100% gluten free. When you are super busy and have 10 orders to make things get pretty sloppy, like not changing gloves between meals for instance.

SO whats the deal now that Frosty's aren't gluten free? I've had the baked potato with the broccoli and cheese and to be honest there have been times that I've felt sick from that, which is annoying since it's stated on the gluten free list. The thing that sometimes tricks people is that when they use like a cheese sauce, some companies use wheat as a thickener...that's something that drives me nuts, soups should be safe, but they usually aren't...we can't win!

SO whats the deal now that Frosty's aren't gluten free? I've had the baked potato with the broccoli and cheese and to be honest there have been times that I've felt sick from that, which is annoying since it's stated on the gluten free list. The thing that sometimes tricks people is that when they use like a cheese sauce, some companies use wheat as a thickener...that's something that drives me nuts, soups should be safe, but they usually aren't...we can't win!