• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Twinklestars

I Feel So, So Sick :(

Rate this topic

Yum Cougie! I might just do that with some apples tonight for supper :)

In other news, I think I've glutened myself :ph34r: It really annoys me too, because I ended up making a big pot of yummy chicken and vegetable soup tonight - nice and gluten free. Then I made tuna mornay for hubby and the kids. Did I use gluten-free flour for the sauce? No! I didn't even think about it because I wasn't eating it.

I put a couple of spoonfuls in the pan and Poof! A big cloud of gluteny dust. I think I ingested some because almost immediately I got a pain in my chest like there was a big lump in the middle of my ribcage. I felt totally fine before. A couple of hours later now and I've got little crampy pains in my stomach :( So yeah, less than a full week into my new diet and I'm glutened already (I think). And I didn't even eat anything!

Totaly it was the dust.."GLUTENED!!!!" :blink: yeah and If that was canned tuna(?) I hear theres gluten in that! though I don't really understand why!?...but that tuna oil can really stick to your hands or cloths...(even after washing!!!!)(it's used as a binder...go figure!) :blink::D

Totaly it was the dust.."GLUTENED!!!!" :blink: yeah and If that was canned tuna(?) I hear theres gluten in that! though I don't really understand why!?...but that tuna oil can really stick to your hands or cloths...(even after washing!!!!)(it's used as a binder...go figure!) :blink::D

I highly doubt there's gluten in canned tuna...FWIW, many times it does contain soy (either soy or soybean oil), which some people cannot tolerate.

I highly doubt there's gluten in canned tuna...for FWIW, many times it does contain soy (either soy or soybean oil), which some people cannot tolerate.

I don't remember where I read that recently...it was on one of the gluten do's and don'ts lists I came across while googleing....but It was included under the catagory of "prossesed"meats....I think to keep it in one lump better? I can't remember exactly...but I remember thinking....REALLY....WAS THIS REALLY NESSASARY!!!!!?????

WHAT'S NEXT????!!!! Gluten in my bottled water? :blink:<_< who's brillent idea was it to gluten everything up anyways!!!!???? :angry::blink:

If I can find it again...I'll tell you which site it was on...but I need to find it again. :D

I highly doubt there's gluten in canned tuna...FWIW, many times it does contain soy (either soy or soybean oil), which some people cannot tolerate.

You are so right!!!

I was defineatly miss informed!!!

I couldn't find the article I read...(sometimes I'll save the more informitive sites in my computerfolder under "health"...but when I googled CANNED TUNA ....besides the occasional soy that you mentioned ( and one canadian brand that was flavored with teriyaki) it seemed a very gluten free enviornment! :D

My mistake :rolleyes:

Thankyou for the correction...I like tuna...but it does give me a bit of a tummy ache...probably the sandwich part!!!LOL

I miss 12 grain wheat bread!!! :(:P

I just made this same mistake. I just ate some chocolate and feel horrible!!! Also, I was thinking that because Hershey;s is gluten free that Godiva would be too (Big Mistake) I am so nauseous now ughh! This is a very hard transition, I agree!

It is hard. Especially when you have to be conscious of so many things! I imagine over time it will become almost second nature though :)

I am paying for my glutening this morning with really bad joint pain, nausea and stomach trouble :(

Well my stomach has settled down to only mild cramping, but I feel wiped out! My joints are still niggling enough to make me uncomfortable as well. But the worst thing is an increase in my anxiety. I have suffered very badly with anxiety for years, and I noticed it settling down (slightly) in the last couple of days. But now I feel anxious and twitchy over nothing. Can I really react like this to gluten I didn't actually eat? Well, I suppose I ate some, but it was flour, so wasn't much!

I just made this same mistake. I just ate some chocolate and feel horrible!!! Also, I was thinking that because Hershey;s is gluten free that Godiva would be too (Big Mistake) I am so nauseous now ughh! This is a very hard transition, I agree!

Trader joes has a lot of gluten free chocolate...I like/have to eat dark chocolate because I'm casin (milk) intolerant as well......Hershey upsets my TUMMY!!! too graulated!!! :blink::P Don't like the bitter stuff( really reallydark chocolate).. but they make one thats sweeter and comes in a little 3 pack...I send them in my 12 yr.old sons lunch!!! he was very popular with the girls in grade school I can assure you!!! LOL :D

Do you or twinkle star...yes I see you there(!!!) have trader joes where you live????

I'm in Calif.....I shop glutenfree (try to) at Trader joes and wholefoods....wonderful places...not like your average chain stores. B)

It is hard. Especially when you have to be conscious of so many things! I imagine over time it will become almost second nature though :)

I am paying for my glutening this morning with really bad joint pain, nausea and stomach trouble :(

Meeeeee tooooo!!!!!! Guilty as charged (and definatly paying for it!!!!)

I think it was the PEPSI......(carmel coloring...can't think of anything else...cept alot of cross comtamination....) shhhhhh....but don't telll any one... (its my last vice)...!!!! :blink::unsure::(:rolleyes:

Cougie your posts always make me smile! :D

surfer, I don't seem to have a problem with nightshades at this point, but it's something I'll be watchful of as I go along.

GOOD :D ...then I'm doing something right !!!!! LOL :P

Cougie,

Pepsi is gluten-free. Caramel color is gluten-free. We can't seem to shake off the myth about caramel color. In the US and Canada, it is made from corn. Even if it was made from wheat, as is the case in some European sources, it is so highly processed that there is no detectable gluten left in the coloring. It then becomes a very small part of the final product.

Cola products contain caffeine and phosphoric acid, both of which can irritate the digestive system.

Thanks psawyer for the info. I don't drink cola drinks but it's always good to add info to everything I'm learning :)

Cougie, we don't have trader joes here. We are lucky to have lots of places that stock fresh whole foods though, and lots of local markets.

Cougie,

Pepsi is gluten-free. Caramel color is gluten-free. We can't seem to shake off the myth about caramel color. In the US and Canada, it is made from corn. Even if it was made from wheat, as is the case in some European sources, it is so highly processed that there is no detectable gluten left in the coloring. It then becomes a very small part of the final product.

Cola products contain caffeine and phosphoric acid, both of which can irritate the digestive system.

Yeahhhhh!!! THANKYOU Soooooo much for clearing that up! :lol: I LOVE pepsi !!! even though I know i'ts bad for me...I've cut back immensly...rarely drink it at all now!!(my tummy doesn't like it!)

But then again...my tummy doesn't like anything lately!( throwing up more often ...again...comes and goes...) even when I'm eating the gluten free /casein free stuff...tummy is'nt happy...traces of blood yesterday..but it might have been from my throat!Also signs of animia...cut myself...blood very light..odd color..Bled profusly took hours to stop..the cut was'nt that bad..brusing way to easily also ( I have a paw print shaped bruise were my cat pushed down on my leg !!!) !!! Sorry to go off on a tangent...again...focus issues you know..LOL. :rolleyes::P