Rate this topic

I know that Lays Stax are gluten free (suppose to be anyway) but I have been eating them with my lunch. (plain turkey, lettuce and fruit and Lays Stax and I have been getting D every single day right after I eat those chips. Yesterday I skipped the chips no D today I ate them D. Obviously, I am not going to eat them anymore. I know they are gluten free but something in them is making me sick. Maybe it's the soy or that they are so heavily processed. Has anyone else had a reaction to these chips?

Back to homemade popcorn...sigh......

I did edit this because I did some research and found that the Stax are often CC with milk. Makes sense now as I have a casein issue.

Edited by GFreeMO

The casein might do it.

richard

Yeah most of the varieties besides the plain have dairy in them. They all have soy too. I don't get D with them but I get my soy syptoms-fatigue and headaches and I also feel congested when eating--perhaps a reaction to the dairy cc for me. If you did not react to your homemade chips then you know it is not the potatoes, the salt or the amount of oil bothering you.

Yeah most of the varieties besides the plain have dairy in them. They all have soy too. I don't get D with them but I get my soy syptoms-fatigue and headaches and I also feel congested when eating--perhaps a reaction to the dairy cc for me. If you did not react to your homemade chips then you know it is not the potatoes, the salt or the amount of oil bothering you.

I think I need to start posting in the super sensitive section! Dairy really gets me badly. Oh well my homemade chips are better anyway.

Thanks for your help.

I think I need to start posting in the super sensitive section! Dairy really gets me badly. Oh well my homemade chips are better anyway.

Thanks for your help.

You know when I was first diagnosed with a serious dairy allergy (my response is anaphylactic not digestive) I still wasn't worried about cc in the same way as gluten. But I found out the hard way I was wrong to be so cavalier with the food I was eating. I have not had another serious reaction but on more than one occasion I have eaten something likely to be cc with dairy and I got congested and started coughing from it. For a while I thought I was going crazy or developing MORE intolerances/allergies. My dairy allergy responds to benedryl so if I take some of that I breathe better but it makes me sleepy and groggy for days. Anyway, you are not alone in having other food issues and having to be strict about it. Friends of mine are always asking me if I can have soemthing they noticed is marked gluten-free and I have to explain that most people with celiac can but I cannot because of other food alelrgies/intolerances. It's really a bummer sometimes. But then you discover soemthing you CAN have and get all excited about it. Most of the things I have started making homemade ARE better than the pro-processed stuff. If you can focus on that (and it looks like you already are) then you will be fine!