Katrala

Managing Change

Rate this topic

I was in a workshop yesterday and was given this handout. It seemed to fit so well with what many people go through on being diagnosed with any type of lifestyle-changing condition.

4de7e7e8.jpg

741ef2f9.jpg

doesn't really fit me XD

I go from major anxiety, to okay with it, back to anxiety, back to okay with it, so on and so forth lol. But i guess i'm not "normal"

I have little spouts of anxiety (like realizing this morning that my husband hadn't been washing his hands when scooping spoonfuls of Nutella for my daughter's sandwiches,) but for the most part I think I've come to find this as a "new reality" for myself.

I've done different diets in the past to lose weight and such and even while I was on them, I would wonder how long they would last. How long would it be before I gave in to temptation and "cheated" on my diet or gained the weight back?

I realized the other day that I don't see being gluten-free as something that will ever change. It's become a part of who I am.

I do still have moments of frustration or sadness (Red Lobster just started their all-you-can-eat shrimp special again,) but I'm finding them fewer and farther between.

I feel like it's easy to stay in the anger / grief / denial stage instead of moving on. The first day I walked into my kitchen after my biopsy I cried and I'm not even a "foodie" of any type.