Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenFreeManna

Kids Selling Gluten!

Yes, I do recall that you love baking. :) I had forgotten that you are at home during the day!

Have you seen the pizza recipes I posted a couple of months ago? One is for thin crust the other a chewy crust. So far they are the best I've tried. They do include defatted soy flour, however, which can be detrimental for those who cannot tolerate soy. They also include albumen and whey powder which I get at our local health food store. If you have access to these things the recipes are worth a try. I grill those, too, and always look forward to the leftovers. But pizza stones really help, too. We have a wood-fired oven at our house in Croatia (outside) that is superb for pizzas and pretty much anything. The kitchen there is teeny so we cook outside.

Man, you have me craving pizza! Perhaps I will have to change my dinner plans for this week...

I'll take a look. I go to the health food store on the last Wednesday of the month because everything is 20% off for that one day. So I'll add those ingredients to my list for next week.

Some people always seem to turn every thread into a recipe thread! :D

Google in the upper right corner. We have had some good pizza crust recipes.

I don't mind, but perhaps we need to start a pizza review thread where we can list all the pizza crusts we have tried and which ones were best. I'll start one if nobody else is inclined to. :)

ETA: Pizza crust thread started here:

OY....my kids came home yesterday with cookie selling pamphlets. The reps that tutored them and prepared them for selling did a good job. They knew exactly how to conduct a hard high pressure sell! I'm so annoyed and do not want them to hit people up for buying these crappy overpriced cookie dough

back to the boy scout popcorn here's what the company's site had

"Trail's End products do not contain any material from barley, rye or oats. Our White Chocolatey Pretzels contain wheat gluten. The following products are manufactured in a facility that handles wheat: Chocolatey Triple Delight, Cheddar Cheese Corn, White Cheddar Cheese Corn, Caramel Corn with Almonds, Cashews and Pecans, Butter Toffee Caramel Corn, Caramel Corn, Popping Corn."

My nephew and younger brothers sell every year. Most troops use the popcorn money to off set summer camp costs. The boys are able to earn a lot of badges at camp and obviously have a good time in the great outdoors!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...
    Lactose intolerance feels very different to me than the resulting cytokine storm from Gluten exposure. If what you feel is like a Gluten exposure, it was likely cross contamination. It takes more than 800F to break down the sequence that triggers...
    Your anemia should be checked out by your PCP, there are many reasons for anemia, iron and b12 being absorption being directly tied to the effects of celiac. But, there are easily 4 other things that could cause anemia, if you are even anemic ...